Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:23:35 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  I Don't Deserve All The Credit
« previous next »
: [1]
: I Don't Deserve All The Credit  ( 2013 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 11, 2008, 08:56:05 AM »

Hi All,

Got the following very nice note yesterday, which is just one of many that truly help make my days:

"Hi Henry,

Once again you have made life simple with your website.  I needed a street location in Fairfax, Yahoo and “Map It” was slow.  Then it dawned on me that you would most likely have a Fairfax map, within seconds I had located Tabor Rd.

Thanks again for your hard work and all that you do!"

Now the map that the individual was talking about was sent to me when I requested it by the Northwest Regional Planning Commission here in St. Albans.  By the way, I also sent them a request for the Map of Fletcher, and they also sent that right out to me.

Now, since they don't update the Map everytime there is a new road, I also get some help from our Fairfax Town Office - Cathy Raymond and Stacy Wells keep me updated on all the new roads and a written location where they are located.  Donna Meunier is an absolute wealth of information when it comes to a lot of Historical Places in town.  She knows those Town Record Books inside out and many times can point out the actual place on the original Map drawn by Joseph Beeman.

Bill Ormerod is a member of the forum and many times posts responses on it.  Erin McSweeney also sends me posts regarding Fairfax Town information and of course there are Dean Potter & Justin Hayes from The Fairfax Fire Department who are also regular contributors to information.

Chris Santee, Brian Farris and Mike Cain are also always there to help.  Besides the regular 143 Registered Members on the forum, many are not registered out of the approximately 900 visits a day made to my web sites and they send me information that I post on the forum for them or correct on the other web sites.

I had an individual from Texas the other day that found his name in one of the obituaries I had posted some 10 years ago that sent me a note.  I suspect he probably Googled his name and it showed up on my web site, so as you see, lots of visitors come from all over the place.  I haven't checked lately, but do know that some of the servicemen from overseas also used to visit my Fairfax web site.  Don't know who they were, but it did state from what Country the visitors were from.

When I first started, I used to send out Newsletters quite often, which at that time was easier as I didn't have to watch what I said quite as much, but it was very time consuming, so at present, I only send one out occasionally, usually when something important happens or I try to get people to come to the forum where things are usually inputted as they happen from a number of sources.

Recently we have a number of new members register, which I am happy to see.  Although in most cases I don't know who they are, they have been a welcome asset to the forum and I do appreciate all of their comments.

I am sure I have forgotten someone, but the point is, all of these nice compliments are the result of a lot of people's efforts.

My front page has the Index and Links to many bits and pieces of information, so if you remember you can always input http://www.vtgrandpa.com and you will find links and info to a lot of things right here in the Fairfax Area.

« : January 11, 2008, 09:00:26 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: