Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:10:26 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Forwards - Forwards - Forwards
« previous next »
: [1]
: Forwards - Forwards - Forwards  ( 1903 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 10, 2008, 09:16:23 AM »

Not sure if I am alone in my thinking on this, but I find that one line of personal communication is worth far more than 11 or 12 forwards.  I am fortunate that I have DSL, but some of these forwards contain some pretty big files and as I look up at the long list of people it was sent to, see a lot of people with dial-up connections to the Internet.

I have some very good friends that continually forward me just about everything they get, many times from a person who has already sent it to me previously.  Because they are good friends, it makes it just that much more difficult to try and send them a note and ask them to please take me off their forward lists.  I can't even begin to imagine the frustration those with dial-up connections must go through when they download their e-mail.

I don't like to block anyone's address, so that is not an option.  Last weekend I received 14 forwards from one individual and they were all sent out within a five minute time span, which kind of makes me wonder if the person ever read them, themselves.  I've got to get the courage up to send this person a note and tell him to please stop sending the forwards, then I think about the similar situation I had a couple years ago when I was just about to do that with someone else and opened up the newspaper and saw his obituary.

I guess its not such a big deal to just delete the forwards and think, "This person really thinks they are doing something nice for me.  I'll just let them keep sending them."

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : January 10, 2008, 01:01:50 PM »

Hi Henry,
Forwarding e-mails is a big tool for "e-mail harvesters" who continuously collect e-mail addresses and sell them to others (usually third world countries).
That accounts for all of those PLEASE HELP ME GET $25,000,000 out of Nigeria to you from my rich old oil father who died.

Others use e-mail addresses to hurt companies (like the Starbucks one I received today.)
In case you haven't seen it, Starbucks does support our troops.

Cut, Copy & Paste.
If you have a great e-mail and want to forward it,
Ctrl + A highlights the text,
Ctrl + C copies it and
Ctrl + V inserts it
into a new e-mail without a million e-mail addresses.

Here's another tip:
Put aaa@aaa.com and 111@111.com into your list of contacts and
your computer won't forward viruses to your friends.
Helps keep them your friends too.

And NEVER give personal info to anyone who e-mailed you.
Even if they have a legitimate looking link.
Don't "confirm" your passwords, etc. from any bank.
This is called "Phishing".
(Nothing to do with our local band)

Now, back to work on FranklinOne.com.
I'm working on wireless, broadcasting video news and sports events.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: