Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:16:41 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Something Else They Would Like You To Worry About
« previous next »
: [1]
: Something Else They Would Like You To Worry About  ( 3209 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 18, 2007, 09:27:23 AM »

Heard the latest???

Men shouldn?t need another reason to quit smoking, but if they do, this one should hit home.  A new study shows smoking accelerates hair loss - either by destroying hair follicles or interfering with blood flow to the scalp. The study recommends that men showing early signs of hair loss be advised about the role their smoking might play.

Well, I have to admit, I started smoking at a very young age and also have to admit that I don't have an awful lot of hair.  I did quit a number of years ago, but I actually am more inclined to believe that baldness is hereditary.  Below is a photo of my Dad, who never smoked in his life, when he celebrated his 82nd Birthday back in 1977 and there seems to be a similar pattern to his baldness and mine.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : December 19, 2007, 12:13:20 AM »

I had heard that baldness comes from the maternal side of the family. Mom's father had a lot of hair when he passed away at 92.
But then again, Dad's father was light on the top(of what I've seen in pictures) and Dad was getting that way too. Carl and I still seem to have a good head of hair. Yeah, I'm thinning out-not me, my hair-I wish it was me-but, anyway.............
I remember Lee Minor telling me he was going bald because he wore a hat all the time.
That was a LONG time ago.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : December 19, 2007, 07:14:14 AM »

was it a yankee hat ?

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : December 19, 2007, 08:46:37 AM »

Don't think so. Can't remember if it had any saying or emblem on it.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: