Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:48:04 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A FEW PHOTOS FROM THE NOT SO SILENT AUCTION FEB 5, 2005
« previous next »
: [1]
: A FEW PHOTOS FROM THE NOT SO SILENT AUCTION FEB 5, 2005  ( 2777 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 06, 2005, 07:20:40 PM »

Hi All,

Visited the Not So Silent Auction this past Saturday afternoon and snapped a few pictures:

In the foreground above, Orman & Ivy Ovitt enjoy music, food and conversation in the basement of the United Church. Orman told me in 3 months he will celebrate his 90th birthday and was out on the ice fishing just the other day. I didn't ask Ivy her age, but she did tell me she went out on the ice with Orman, but didn't do any fishing. Another interesting little tidbit about this couple is that they were married on November 3, 1940 by Rev. Roger Fitzgerald in this very same church and may well be the longest married couple at this time in the town of Fairfax as they prepare to celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary this coming November.

The Foothill Fogies shown above provided music for the 3rd Annual Not So Silent Auction

Barb Murphy explains the Not So Silent Auction procedure - Each item you see on the table had a required minimum bid - Individuals went around and wrote their bids and name down for the items they were interested in - It was important that you keep watch of the item you were interested in as if someone upped your bid, if you didn't increase your bid, like at a regular auction, you lost your chance.

Prospective bidders examine the various items which included pie of the month; a tea at the ŽErtl's; a piano; two home made gourmet pizzas; a Carribean dinner; gas coupons; a cord of wood; 3 water colors by Deb Walford; woven placemats and many, many other items.

The line hadn't reached Betty Ide's table which had some nice items on display also.

These photos were taken shortly after the auction started and I got a note from Rev. Elizabeth telling me that things got much busier later on in the afternoon with everyone having a great time.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: