Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:26:44 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  LOTS OF THINGS GOING ON THIS COMING SATURDAY FEBRUARY 5TH
« previous next »
: [1]
: LOTS OF THINGS GOING ON THIS COMING SATURDAY FEBRUARY 5TH  ( 2371 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 01, 2005, 08:25:09 AM »

Fairfax/Fletcher Bottle Drive benefits BFA Track & Field Club

Saturday, February 5th from 9am-noon, student members of the new BFA Fairfax Track and Field Club will be stopping by homes in the Fairfax and Fletcher areas to collect bottles and can donations. These donations will help raise funds for this new student sport club (equipment, materials, fees, etc) which is open to students in grades 7-12.

All who are interested in dropping off bottle or can donations anytime during the week prior to the drive (Jan 26-Feb 5), can stop by Minor’s Country Store on Route 104 in Fairfax. Thanks for your support!

Quilt Seminar

The library will be sponsoring an all day quilting seminar to be held in the FACS room of BFA Fairfax. Carol Stanley will be teaching this class, and participants will be making a lap or baby quilt, or wall hanging. The class will be held on Saturday, February 5 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.. The cost of the class will be $30, and participants will be required to supply their own sewing machine and supplies. We will have a list of supplies, as well as suggestions on where to purchase them, in the library.  Class size is limited, so pre-registration is required. Class fee must be pre-paid. Please stop by or call the library at 849-2420 for further details.

Not So Silent Auction

The 3rd Annual Not So Silent Silent Auction with music by the Foothill Fogies, tasty food by the Ladies of the United Church and lots of great service items from the community to be auctioned off will be held Feb 5th at the United Church from 2-4. Some of the items to be auctioned off include: pie of the month; a tea at the ´Ertl's; a piano; two home made gourmet pizzas; a Carribean dinner; gas coupons; a cord of wood; 3 water colors by Deb Walford; woven placemats...The list is exciting. Come and join us for a February afternoon of good food good conversation and the chance to buy something useful and fun! There are minimum bids for each item, and the end of bidding will be announced. For information; pastorliz@earthlink.net.

St. Luke’s “Mardi Gras” Family Dance

Finally, starting off at 7 p.m. and lasting until 11 p.m. will be the St. Luke’s “Mardi Gras” Family Dance which is open to everyone.  It will be held at the BFA Fairfax Elementary Gym.  A few photos from the 2003 Family dance can be seen if you click on the photos below:

In looking at my file photos I noticed I had taken a photo of Larry & Carrie Parsons who were sitting at a table with Ed & Betty Parker:

Then there was one of the  Meisenzahl’s and Roberge’s:

I’m not sure who will be playing the live music, but here are a couple of photos of the band that played in 2003:

And since I couldn’t get them all in one picture, here is a second one:

Then of course if you are hungry, there will be some snacks to go along with the great conversation you can have with friends and neighbors:

Admission will be $5 each or a maximum of $20 for a family with everyone welcome.

Hi Henry
Masks and beads will be provided and the Name of the Band is -MUrray Hill 8-9933.-Actually it consists of 3- St Luke Parishioners plus 2 other members.- Naturally yours truly is one of them.
Thanks,
Tim Wills

Certainly no reason for anyone to be bored this Saturday and I believe we are even going to have some great weather.

Have a great day,
Henry

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: