Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:28:41 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Smuggs Was Closed Again For A While
« previous next »
: [1]
: Smuggs Was Closed Again For A While  ( 3514 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 22, 2007, 06:05:14 PM »

Channel 3 reported tonight that Smugglers Notch Road was closed due to a Rock Slide - No one seemed to excited about it, although one person did mention they thought they might avoid that road.  I understand though it saves about 45 minutes vs going around through Morrisville.

They showed one of the rocks and mentioned it was about the size of a dump truck.  After some repair the road crew said they reopened it - Marcelus Parsons said they normally close the road in Mid November, but I do believe in some years it has closed earlier than that.

Looks like we are headed for some cooler weather, but it sure was beautiful today -

They now have the actual story on the Channel 3 Web Site - Click on the following link to read -

[/b]
« : October 22, 2007, 06:44:01 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : October 24, 2007, 07:04:18 AM »

Hi All,

I received a note from Florida yesterday regarding the lady from Cambridge, Shirley Opstrup.  She was quoted in the article that I linked to.  She also appears in the video in that article.  They are quite sure she was a teacher here back in the 70s.  Once he mentioned that, I remembered that one of the girls had a teacher they called Mrs. "O" who might have very well have been her.

Henry Raymond
Suzy
: 429

« #2 : October 24, 2007, 07:13:52 AM »

Yes, she's our former teacher at BFA, and she's in the video on WCAX's website!  She lived in Cambridge, and probably still does.  ....Suzy
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #3 : October 24, 2007, 07:20:46 AM »

Mrs. "O".....was a science/biology teacher when I was in high school (from 84-87). 

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
fletchtb
: 310

« #4 : October 24, 2007, 10:23:52 AM »

There was another rock slide last night in the same spot where the rock fall was the other day. Vermont State Police were just setting up flares last night when I was headed back through the notch last night around 10:30pm. I checked the VT Agency of Transportation website this morning before heading into work this morning. One lane was closed but the road was passable. It was mostly cleaned up by the time I drove through at 9:30am.

http://67.106.3.242/default.asp?area=VT_N

Vermont 108: from State Route 100 to State Route 15
rock fall, obstruction on roadway — until today at about 12:00 PM
Comment: Rte 108 thru Smugglers Notch is down to 1 lane for the next several hours while road crews clean up a rock slide. Please use CAUTION while traversing the Notch.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: