Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:02:21 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sterling Coon long time resident dies Nov 10, 2023
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sterling Coon long time resident dies Nov 10, 2023  ( 362 )
ssweet
: 302

« : November 13, 2023, 10:29:30 PM »

Fairfax – Sterling D. Coon a longtime Fairfax resident passed away Friday November 10, 2023, at Northwestern Medical Center with his family at his side.

One of 16 children, Sterling was born at home in St. Albans Bay on June 29, 1941, to the late Henry and Gertrude (Cross) Coon. Sterling had a close bond with all of his siblings growing up and those relationships continued throughout his adult life. Those who knew Sterling knew of his witty sense of humor and love for family. He was a high school graduate of the class of ’59 of BFA Saint Albans, where he was a member of the baseball team. He was a lifelong fan of the Red Sox. In his spare time, he enjoyed ice fishing and deer hunting

Sterling’s career in sales began in 1960 in St. Albans at Nate’s Clothing store. From there he moved to San Jose California to continue his career in retail sales and it was there that he met his wife. He eventually found his way back home to Vermont where he transitioned to becoming a food salesman. He was employed by many different wholesale food companies throughout the years and ended his successful 40 year career in the industry when he retired from Sysco Food in 2003.

Sterling leaves behind his beloved wife of 58 years Janet (Desmarais) Coon, his children; Brent (Janice) Coon, Valerie (Zachary) Lipman, his grandchildren; Olivia and Joshua Coon, Makayla and Kendalyn Coon, Aiden, Isaac and Maya Lipman, as well as his brothers; Robert (Kathleen), Stuart (Helen), Henry, Dale (Marcia), Keith (Paula), Gregory Coon, and his sister; Catherine Ramsay, as well as many nieces and nephews and extended family members.

Along with his parents, Sterling was predeceased by his son; Captain Scott Sterling Coon in 2020, his brothers; Orlando, Bruce, Bernard, Gerald, Johnson and Maurice Coon, his sisters; Joyce Coon, and Violet Draper, as well as many sister and brother in-laws of his extended family.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Fairfax Rescue Squad, P.O. Box 428, Fairfax, VT 05454.

Per Sterling’s request there will be no services at this time. Services for Sterling will be announced at a later date in 2024 by Sterling’s Family.

Honored to be serving the family of Sterling D. Coon is Casey McNally of the Heald Funeral Home, where messages of condolence are welcome at www.healdfuneralhome.com.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: