Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:59:10 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Dewey Gokey Class of 1952 dies
« previous next »
: [1]
: Dewey Gokey Class of 1952 dies  ( 669 )
ssweet
: 301

« : November 13, 2022, 07:30:31 PM »

PORT ORANGE FL/ESSEX JCT. VT - Dewey N. Gokey, 89 years old, passed peacefully after a brief illness on October 27, 2022. He was born in Colchester, VT on October 21, 1933, son of the late Frank and Antoinette (Bolduc) Gokey.

Dewey graduated from Bellows Free Academy in 1952 and served in the United States Marine Corps from 1953 to 1956 as a Marine Sargent with the Marine Fighter Squadron. Dewey married Bette Gillin in 1956 and together they raised their family in Essex Junction. Dewey continued his military service with the United States Air Force and the Vermont Air National Guard retiring in 1980 as a Senior Master Sargent with the Defense of Aircrew Life Support.

He enjoyed many years of camping, boating on Lake Champlain, snowmobiling and playing tennis with family and friends in Vermont before retiring to Florida in 1991 with his partner Marolyn Boudreau. In Florida, he continued his passion for tennis and sport cars. He was a member of the Greater Volusia Tennis League where he enjoyed playing competitively and also a member of the Daytona Mustang Club where he loved sharing his enjoyment for Mustangs.

Survivors include son, Scott and wife, Lisa Gokey of Essex Jct. VT and daughter, Lisa and husband, Greg Riddle of Durango, CO, 5 grandchildren, 6 great-grandchildren and very special neighbors in Port Orange. Dewey was predeceased by his partner of over 30 years, Marolyn Boudreau in June of 2022. A graveside service will be held May 2, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. at Mountain View Cemetery in Essex Center. Memorial contributions in Dewey’s memory may be made to the American Kidney Association at www.kidneyfund.org.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: