Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:20:45 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Meredith Machia Gillilan dies at age 92 BFA Class of 1946
« previous next »
: [1]
: Meredith Machia Gillilan dies at age 92 BFA Class of 1946  ( 1407 )
ssweet
: 301

« : February 01, 2021, 02:57:49 PM »

Meredith June Gillilan, 92, passed away on January 30, 2021, in Richford, VT.

Meredith was born on June 18, 1928 in Fairfax, VT, to Seymour Machia and Lottie  (Cherrier) Machia.
She graduated from BFA Fairfax in 1946.

Meredith married Cleon Archie Gillilan on December 23, 1950 in Milton. They had 2 children, Pamela Perkins and Bruce Gillilan.

Meredith was best known for her love of music. She was a teacher in her early years, first starting as a physical education teacher, but then as a music teacher her passion. She was the director for the Fletcher-Fairfax-Westford Band and played in a dance band. Meredith was the Town Clerk in Fletcher. She was a caretaker for Sterling Weed.

Meredith is survived by her children Pamela Perkins and her husband Robert Perkins, Sr. of Cary NC, Bruce Gillilan and his wife Mary Jo of Fletcher, VT, 8 grandchildren and 16 great grandchildren. Her siblings, Bruce Machia and his wife Sandy of Wallingford, Lois Gillespie and her husband Bert of Waterville, VT and her sister in laws, Mary Jane Machia of Fairfax, VT and Cathy Machia of Jeffersonville, VT.

Meredith is preceded in death by her husband Cleon Gillilan, and her siblings Paul Machia, Dalton Machia, Jim Machia, Pete Machia, and Joyce Allen.

Our family would like to give a special thanks to the amazing care from all the staff of Our Lady of the Meadows and also a thanks to home health hospice.

A graveside service will be held on July 6, 2021 at 2PM at the Binghamville Cemetery

Memorial donations can be made in Meredith's name to Our Lady of the Meadows Resident Activity Fund, 1 Pinnacle Meadows, Richford, VT 05476.
For those who chose to make online condolence, please visit www.minorfh.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: