Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:57:58 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Library Announcements
| | |-+  Eclipse Viewing
« previous next »
: [1]
: Eclipse Viewing  ( 1517 )
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« : August 17, 2017, 02:27:59 PM »

Despite what you may have heard on the news, the Fairfax Community Library does not have solar eclipse viewing glasses to give away. We will have an Eclipse Viewing Party here at the Library on Monday 8/21 from 1-3 p.m., and we have some eclipse viewing glasses for participants to use then. Please join us!

NASA has an entire website devoted to this event! Look in the Safety section under Eclipse 101 for a list of reputable vendors. 
Given the late date, we suggest people make solar viewing projectors, pinhole projections, or sun funnels to view the eclipse. To see NASA's great website about eclipses and safe viewing, go to

eclipse2017.nasa.gov.

Also, the NASA site will be streaming the eclipse so you can view it safely on your computer. We will have thestream up on our large screen here!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: