Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:47:09 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  Seeking Volunteers for Brain Freezer 5K!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Seeking Volunteers for Brain Freezer 5K!  ( 3705 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : June 09, 2017, 10:44:34 AM »

The 6th Annual Brain Freezer 5K will be happening on July 8, 2017, and PHPG needs about 100 volunteers to help make it a success! We expect over 300 racers again this year, so each volunteer is going to be essential to our success.

Runners have to run 1.5 miles, stop to eat a pint of ice cream, then finish the final 1.5 with bellies full of delicious ice cream!

If this sounds like a race you'd like to be a part of, here's a list of some of the activities that you can expect to do on race day:

> Handing out ice cream at the half-way point
> Taking photos and cheering on racers
> Keeping the runners safe by directing traffic at road crossings
> Timing and helping at the finish line
> Setting up and breaking down tents, tables, etc.
> Handing out packets/t-shirts and registering race day runners
> Most volunteers should plan on being there on race day at 8:30am (some activities require you get there a bit earlier).

We also have a walk & chalk of the course the night before at 6:30pm which is followed by a volunteer dinner/meet-and-greet. All volunteers are encouraged to come out to the Friday night event, though it's not mandatory.

If you are interested, please use this link to sign up to volunteer: http://brainfreezer5k.com/home/volunteer/.

Thanks for checking out this opportunity, and we hope you will help us make this great event a success.

Katherine Gravelin
katherine@phpgmicrolending.org
: [1]  
« previous next »
: