Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:50:05 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  ROBBERY IN FAIRFAX - NEED YOUR HELP
« previous next »
: [1]
: ROBBERY IN FAIRFAX - NEED YOUR HELP  ( 7489 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 07, 2005, 09:00:47 AM »

Hi All,

I received a call from Donna Meunier this morning regarding a robbery at her house yesterday, estimated to have happened between 9 and 11 a.m.

Stolen was her husband’s gun cabinet and guns – Now this cabinet weighed about 500 pounds and their house is located right near the road on Route 104.  Donna has an Upsydaisy Business Sign in front of their place.

If anyone saw anything, you may contact The Vermont State Police, Donna Meunier either at the Town Office or at her home, or you may send me an email at vtgrandpa@yahoo.com.

Although it is not known just what kind of a vehicle it was, they apparently broke a window in the process, so it could have either been a van or a truck of some type.

If anyone saw anything unusual when they drove by the Meunier residence yesterday, please give one of us the information, irregardless of how insignificant you think it might be.

Henry A. Raymond

Henry Raymond
Judy Allard

« #1 : January 07, 2005, 06:13:24 PM »

Donna,

Sorry to hear about this.....This is another reason why I question....
"Even though the State Police is stressed over loosing Officers...there should be a state plan in place to add coverage"
It is our tax dollars at work...and they should hire extra personnal to cover this !

I'm sure you have been told this already...b ut...if you have serial  numbers and other info please take the time to find the list.

Gun dealers...what  have a list of the numbers...WILL report it to VSP.
This is usually how the people are caught.

I do not agree that the Town of Fairfax has to pay for coverage that is a cost to the tax payers.
We are all Vermonters...and it is not our fault that they are running low.
 You should have the coverage...and it should not cost more to provide it.

The House just went into session....Call your  House Rep...make them make waves.
Fairfax tax payers pay state tax also.....we need all the coverage that  ALL Vermonters can get......
Now we have a bunch of guns out there...that shouldn't be...
BUT I firmly believe that it is your right to own them !!!
ALL Franklin Co people deserve to be protected !!!!

So call your State Rep's....and cause a roar....We need police protection...and property protection.

God Bless.....Hope that your property is returned to you soon.!!!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : January 08, 2005, 09:08:41 AM »

Hi All,

I will add a little information here that is just a bit scary  --  

"Some individuals will be waiting, at home in Fairfax, with a gun for
the next week day break-in"

Don't think I'll be making any calls to any houses without calling first.

Henry Raymond
Judy Allard

« #3 : January 08, 2005, 07:01:54 PM »

Henry,

Who ever told you that...should get a public high five !!!!

Park your cars around the back side of the barn....behind your houses...Make them all think your not home...!!!!

I do not encourage a excessive  use of force...but enought is enough !!!!

Not bad enough to find out  you have been robbed....
BUT THE THOUGHT of someone in your house without you there is unbelievable !!!
And the thought that you live on the main drag.. this item weighted a ton...and this happened in the daylight is totally
  INCOMPREHENSIBLE !!!!

It is not the fault of the State Police that they are running short of coverage.
It IS our House Reps and Senators fault for not getting us Grants...or whatever it takes to cover and protect the people left behind !!!

As for protecting ourselves.....I guess it it a Bob Barker game now....
"Come on down !!"

Like I said before...we should all use our heads over protecting ourselves and not get ourselves into a position that makes us a criminal ourselves...
BUT something has to give !!!!

It's like someone  used to say...."need a stop sign...and someone gets hurt..we will fight over it....let a politician child get hurt at that missing stop sign....and you get a stop sign right off !!!!!

Call your elected Officals....at the State House....and make them listen.
They are right now trying to collect money  for all the disastors in the world..but we sit here in Vermont without police protection.
 Is there something wrong with all of this ????

Just something to think about....
Start a neighborhood watch...look out for one another !!!

God Bless !!
cestreet
: 37

« #4 : January 09, 2005, 09:30:53 AM »

Is it just me, or does anyone else find the comparison of  "all the disasters in the world" to the perceived lack of police protection in Fairfax slightly incongruous?  

Clarice Streets
ampm

« #5 : January 09, 2005, 12:31:06 PM »

Another robbery, this one on Rt. 104 just past the interstate overpass on the right. The new yellow ranch house that sits next to 104 with the large wrap around porch. Apparently happened last night (Sat. Night 1/8) Someone drove right into their driveway, got out walked all around their house and stole some items outside the home. This is VERY brave. They need to be stopped before someone gets seriously hurt.
ampm

« #6 : January 09, 2005, 12:37:32 PM »

Apparently there is going to be an emergency town meeting Monday night about all the break-ins! Does anyone have any scoop on this?
ampm

« #7 : January 09, 2005, 07:04:59 PM »

I have found out that there is a meeting tomorrow night (Monday 1/10) at 7pm at BFA Fairfax Elementary Gym. It will be on the recent robberies in our area.  I was told that all should attend as there will be info on how to further protect ourselves and a possible nieghborhood watch program.
mirjo
: 785

« #8 : January 10, 2005, 09:34:41 AM »

Although comparing the amount of police protection in Fairfax to  world disasters is a little like comparing apples and oranges, I think I understand where the author is coming from....... As a whole the US is able to ALWAYS step in and provide relief from disasters to those in need around the world but, it's very difficult to solve a simple problem like police protection in a small american town! I am in complete agreement with that. As a large powerful nation we should be able to do both! (Please, no one take this to mean I don't think we should be helping the tsunami victims who've suffered tremendously, because I do).
This robbery stuff is pretty scary, the reality is, if someone wants to enter your home, they can & will. A locked door or window is not going to stop them. We were robbed about 15 years ago, not alot was taken of great value, other than some $ but the stuff that was taken meant something to us (it was OURS) and had to be replaced. The police at the time were pretty uncaring about it all I hate to say, actually telling us there really wasn't anything they could do. I suppose that was true but not what you want to hear after some stranger has been rummaging around , helping themselves to your personal property!
How do you protect your home when you're working? Or worse, what if these brazen criminals are thrill seakers and want to enter when you're home? We don't really know just how deranged they are, if they're armed, high on drugs or how far they might go to score what they need. The real world is creeping into Fairfax and it's a clear and present danger that we really need to wake up to. I think a neighbor hood watch is a good idea for those who have "neighborhoods". My neighbors have 10-60 acres of land and live behind the trees, most houses can't be seen from the road in the summer....I think even police protection in these areas is somewhat precarious. Hopefully we can find a solution to this problem and put an end to it.
Lisa

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #9 : January 27, 2005, 09:06:40 AM »

Neighborhood Watch Meeting---
BFA Fairfax
Elementary Gym
7:00pm
February 16th, 2005

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris