Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:44:52 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Obituary For Richard Warren
« previous next »
: [1]
: Obituary For Richard Warren  ( 3252 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 15, 2016, 10:03:31 AM »

September 27 1944 - October 12 2016

LCpl Richard G. Warren 72, lifelong resident of Fairfax, VT and Brooksville, FL., passed away Wednesday, October 12, 2016, after battling Multiple Myeloma, an Agent Orange disease contracted in Vietnam.

He served in the USMC from September, 1963 to October, 1966. He proudly received a “Purple Heart”, “Vietnam Service Medal”, “National Defense Service Medal”, and the “Good Conduct Medal”.

Richard worked for IBM for 20 plus years, then found his calling when he started managing Bob’s Gun Shop, in Georgia, Vt. for another 20 years. Whenever asked how his job was going, he would happily reply, “It’s like working for my 2nd father, how could anyone not like it. Neither realized that eventually, both would retire in Brooksville, FL.

As a former President of the VVA Chapter 753, Rich also was a member of the VFW, the Marine Corps League, plus the American Legion.

He leaves his wife of 49 years Susan, a son Todd, daughter-in-law Juanita, and three Grandchildren, Nicki, Brittany and Michael. Three beautiful Great Grandchildren, Carter, Chloe Sue, and Anabella. Richard was predeceased by one brother, Bruce Allen, and both parents, George and Mildred Warren.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Wednesday October 19th at “Ascension Catholic Church”, 3157 Ethan Allen Hwy, Georgia, VT at 11:00 a.m. A graveside service will follow at “Fairfax Plains Cemetery”, followed by a “CELEBRATION OF LIFE” at the American Legion, 100 Parah Drive, St. Albans, Vt.

In lieu of flowers, donations in Richard’s name may be sent to the VVA CHAPTER 753, In care of Jim Lavoie, 433 Sheldon Road, St. Albans, VT 05478.

Online condolences made maybe made at www.minorfh.com
« : October 15, 2016, 10:05:11 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: