Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:55:11 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Oldest Fairfax Resident To Celebrate 98th Birthday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Oldest Fairfax Resident To Celebrate 98th Birthday  ( 2864 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 24, 2007, 06:45:29 AM »

Imogene Collins will celebrate her 98th birthday this Thursday, September 27, 2007.  This little Irish lady, born in Fairfield and mother of nine children started off her week by attending the 11 a.m. Mass which was offered for her by her children.  Imogene has a great sense of humor and although she likes to maintain a low profile she did consent to my taking her picture in front of the Baptismal Fount at St. Lukes that she and her late husband Owen gave to the Church.

Her nine children are:  John, Alton, Owen (Buzz), Tom, Paul, Norbert, Mark (Desceased), Letitia (Tish) Cardinal and Mary Wright.

Happy Birthday Imogene
[/size][/b]
« : September 24, 2007, 06:47:17 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
fletchtb
: 310

« #1 : September 25, 2007, 08:45:31 PM »

Thanks for the post Henry. Both of my children were Baptized in that font and it is great to put a face to the plaque.

Happy Birthday to Imogene!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : September 25, 2007, 09:34:23 PM »

Hi Todd,

You bring up a very good point.  I believe the cross that the altar boys carry in and the holders were made by Joe Rainville.  I believe we have some things made by Charlie McArdle and other donations which might be nice for some of our new people to be able to put a face with the plaques.  I think the organ was given by Irma Mitchell.  If I can find the time to do it, will see if maybe I can put something up on our St. Luke Parish Web Site.  I may have a problem finding photos of our old parishioners that are no longer with us.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: