Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:48:37 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  DSL in Fairfax ?? There Are 2 Pages - Click on 1 or 2 For Responses
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: DSL in Fairfax ?? There Are 2 Pages - Click on 1 or 2 For Responses  ( 17603 )
roadrnnr
: 62

« #15 : December 15, 2007, 08:57:23 AM »

I suggest any one who is really interested in Surf Global Service to call them and tell them you want their service.

As I said they may be the best hope we have right now for those of us not in the Verizon/Comcast area of Fairfax as it looks like they have no interest in expanding here any time soon.

I know a few people who have the Surf Global Wireless package and love it.

Their web site is  http://www.surfglobal.net/products/wireless.php and the phone number is

800-809-6665

That is the local office, in Essex I believe.

Call  and tell your neighbors to do so.

When they see the demand they will put in more repeaters
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #16 : December 15, 2007, 09:17:12 AM »

Shelly Pottala asked me to post this for her - She lives here off the Fletcher Road closer to the village than I am, so therefore there should have been absolutely no problem in her getting DSL:

HENRY:
NOT SURE HOW TO ADD A REPLY TO THE DSL INTERNET ISSUE BUT I CAN SAY THIS. BEFORE WE MOVED UP HERE WE CALLED VERIZON AND THEY SAID NO PROBLEM. WHEN WE ACTUALLY MOVED HERE IT TOOK 3 MONTHS OR SO TO GET IT. THEY WOULD SAY WE COULD NOT GET IT EVEN THOUGH NEIGHBORS HAD IT. IT WAS A MESS AND A LOT OF FIGHTING WITH THEM. BASICALLY I THINK THEY HAD TO INVEST SOME OF THEIR MONEY TO MAKE SOMETHING BIGGER OR WHATEVER TO BE ABLE TO ADD US. THEY SAID THE SAME NONSENSE TO A NEIGHBOR OF MINE RECENTLY (WHO LIVES BETWEEN TWO DSL USERS). I CALLED AND EXPLAINED THAT THEY DID THE VERY SAME THING TO ME AND THE END RESULT WAS GOING TO BE THE SAME. WHY NOT JUST GET HER ON. SHE IS ON BUT IT WAS A PAINFUL PROCESS. NOT SURE OF THE LOGISTICS OF THE WHOLE MESS BUT HANG IN THERE AND KEEP PESTERING THEM. THEY CAN HOOK YOU UP IF THEY WANT.

THANK YOU HENRY, SHELLY

Henry Raymond
roadrnnr
: 62

« #17 : December 15, 2007, 12:16:33 PM »

My sister in law had the same problem at her house on Fox Run Road.

Her neighbor had it but they said it was not available at her house. They finally got them to come to the house to test the lines and sure enough it was available.

The problem with Verizon DSL is you have to be within apx 3 miles of the swicthing terminal in the village.

They will not add any repeaters or remote terminals outside those limits because they can not make enough money with so few households for the investment.

I think Verizon has pretty much given up on any expansion beyond those limits since they are trying to abandon the land lines in New England.

I would not hold out any hope for Verizon to expand here if you are beyond the 3 mile limit.

I think this Fairpoint deal won't hold out much hope also. I could be wrong but they seem to be promising anything and everything to get the deal through but if you look on where they want to expand as far as jobs go most of it is in sales and billing, not techs.

Also DSL is fast becoming obsolete unless fiber optic is introduced into the mix such as Verizons"FIOS" service and Burlington Telecoms Fiber Optic network.

That is why we have to get the town to start pushing in that direction.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: