Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:30:21 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Monpelier Week 9
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Monpelier Week 9  ( 2151 )
Barbara
: 270

« : March 11, 2016, 04:19:28 PM »

The week began with a reminder that it was Cross Over Week. Today was the deadline for any committee bill to be voted out and on to the Clerk’s office. Five key fiscal bills, including the Transportation Capital bill, are exempt from this date and are due out next Friday.  In the Transportation committee we hope to finalize our Capital bill Tuesday. A bill relating to drivers’ license suspension that is moving through the system may have an effect on anticipated revenue and adjustments are being considered.
A public hearing on Tuesday gave an opportunity for testimony to be taken concerning the deaths over the past decade at the Quechee bridge. Other areas of safety concern being discussed in the Transportation committee this week included rail trespass, cut through traffic, chains across ways and vulnerable highway users. Much of the discussion leads to the realization that writing a law to address a specific concern is not simple.  There are always unintended consequences to be considered.
Jade Groelinger, a student at BFA was selected by the Comcast Foundation’s  Leaders and Achievers Scholarship program.  The Leaders and Achievers Scholarship program awards $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors on the basis of community service, leadership skills, positive attitude and academic achievement.  Comcast held a ceremony at the State House Wednesday to congratulate the 20 Vermont winners.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: