Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:38:10 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  2016 week 3 in Montpelier
« previous next »
: [1]
: 2016 week 3 in Montpelier  ( 2199 )
Barbara
: 270

« : January 28, 2016, 08:43:57 AM »

The House Education committee worked long hours this week on S233, the Senate bill to repeal the spending thresholds of Act 46. Their efforts have produced a three part amendment which will come to the House floor next week. An attempt was made to speed one of the proposed amendments through the House today; the roll call vote did not support that action.
The Transportation committee heard the Agency of Transportation’s evaluation of an Adopt a Park and Ride/Highway Program. The main take away was Green Up day does great work towards the goals of such  programs. Fairfax has historically been a strong participant in Green Up day. Testimony was also heard on H560-an act relating to traffic safety, the VTrans/UVM Cooperative Research Program and the Vermont Youth Conservation Corps.
The Governor addressed the Joint Assembly on Thursday to present his 2017 budget. Following this formal event the Transportation committee was given an overview of the Agency of Transportation 2017 budget by Secretary Chris Cole.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: