Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:38:44 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Library Announcements
| | |-+  Special Trustees' Meeting 12/28/15
« previous next »
: [1]
: Special Trustees' Meeting 12/28/15  ( 1760 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : January 01, 2016, 11:55:45 AM »

December 28 2015

The Fairfax Community Library Board of Trustees held a special meeting on 12/28/15 to discuss the revision of the Library Budget by the Fairfax Selectboard.
Present were: Pat Gallant, Patti Reaves, Kyle Metayer, and Liz Griffin.
Meeting was called to order at 3:05.
Kyle and Pat attended the Selectboard meeting on December 22, 2015 and learned that the library budget, was rejected because the Library Director’s salary increase was greater than 2 %. The select board is asking that each department  keep the salary at a 2% increase. We were asked to present a budget that would have a bottom line figure as if we had presented them with a 2% increase in the library director’s salary.

The Trustees went into executive session at 3:25 to discuss the library director’s salary and . came out of executive session at 3:50 with the following motion:
The library director’s proposed salary in the revised budget would be $40,600, an increase of 1.25 per hour to . The bottom line would total $96,378, which reflects the Select Board’s request..

A motion to accept the revised budget of $96, 378 was made and approved

Further business
The January 21 2016 meeting has been moved to January 14 as some members will be away the 21st. The agenda for this meeting was discussed.  Also discussed was the need to make sure those interested in running for Library Trustee were aware of the need to fill a petition with 30 signatures of Fairfax residents and present it to the town clerk by January 25.  Pat will ask Deb to send a note to all patrons about the two new positions.

The meeting was adjourned at 4:15.

Respectfully submitted,

Rev. Elizabeth Griffin, secretary.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: