Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:45:38 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Official Statement of Gov. Jim Douglas 9/11
« previous next »
: [1]
: Official Statement of Gov. Jim Douglas 9/11  ( 1932 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : September 11, 2007, 09:49:41 AM »

JAMES H. DOUGLAS
GOVERNOR
State of Vermont

OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
Official Statement of the Governor
September 11, 2007

Today we pause to recall September 11th, 2001—the most poignant experience of a lifetime for many, and an attack we will never forget. 

The work day stopped.  We watched with horror and great unease as the day unfolded.  We made calls to loved ones far away to check whereabouts and wellness. 

Then, in a remarkable display of unity that makes us all proud of our nation, America rallied the familiar, warm embrace of liberty and opportunity—mustering the very virtues the terrorists seek to destroy.  All across America—and all across Vermont—people rushed to give blood, give money, and give their time.  Others got in their cars or fire trucks or police cruisers and drove to New York City, Pennsylvania and Washington, DC to lend a hand in whatever they could do.

Vermont will always be profoundly grateful to the men and women who gave their lives that day in heroic efforts to rescue the innocent victims of that attack.  It reminds us of the vital work of our first responder community and the importance of preparedness.

We also honor today the men and women of the armed forces whose service, on 9-11 and in the 6 years following, continues to go far and above their normal call to arms. 

September 11th will always be a day of great memorial and reverent reflection.  But on this solemn day, we must also recall the blanket of optimism and resolve that calmed and joined us.  This is the strength of America and the spirit that commands the preservation of this freedom-loving nation and her people.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: