Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:17:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  No More Homework
« previous next »
: [1]
: No More Homework  ( 2378 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 07, 2015, 03:41:48 PM »

BFA-Fairfax ends nightly assignments for middle school

By MICHELLE MONROE
Messenger Staff Writer

FAIRFAX - Middle school students at Bellows Free Academy in Fairfax have more free time in the evenings this year.  Their teachers and principal decided the students would not have nightly homework assignments. Students are expected to do some reading, complete any unfinished work from class, study for a test, and occasionally work on special assignments at home. But they will not be given an hour or more of questions to answer or problems to solve each night.

Research has shown that for middle school students lots of homework doesn't produce a big benefit, explained BFA principal Thomas Walsh. "It has very little impact on academic performance," he said.

Read more in the Weekend Edition Of the St. Albans Messenger

Henry Raymond
FletcherGram
: 103

« #1 : November 11, 2015, 11:39:10 AM »

BRAVO!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: