Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:19:49 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  BFA Fairfax Seeks Community Members for Act 46 School Unification Committee
« previous next »
: [1]
: BFA Fairfax Seeks Community Members for Act 46 School Unification Committee  ( 1952 )
Franklin West SU
: 102

« : November 02, 2015, 01:36:23 PM »

This past session, the Vermont Legislation passed Act 46 that redefines school districts. At the heart of Act 46 are two major goals: creating equal educational opportunities for students statewide, and a more efficient use of our tax dollars to help control the rising cost of education.

In order to achieve these ideals, the state is changing school district size requirements and requiring that school districts that do not meet a minimum size unify with other districts in order to do so.  Based on our student population, BFA Fairfax will be required to join with one or more districts in order to be in compliance with Act 46.

Since choosing the right school district to unify with is going to be extremely important, the state is providing grant money to support exploratory committees, and BFA Fairfax is taking advantage of this and forming a joint committee with Fletcher and Georgia. We are looking for two community members to join school board directors Rachelle LeVau and Scott Mitchell on this three-town committee that will explore courses of action that bring BFA Fairfax into compliance with Act 46.

If you are a resident of Fairfax and would like to be a member of this committee, please submit a brief written letter that gives a little background on yourself and your interest in helping shape this unification. Applicants are encouraged to then introduce themselves in person at the next school board meeting on Monday, November 9th, where the final two committee members will be chosen by the board. Applicants should expect to commit to an average of 1-2 evening meetings a month for at least the next year.

Letters can be emailed to fxboard@fwsu.org or mailed to:

Fairfax School Board
C/O Franklin West SU
4497 Highbridge Road
Fairfax, VT 05454

Thank you for your interest,

Fairfax Board of School Directors
: [1]  
« previous next »
: