Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:14:13 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Franklin County Loses A Vote
« previous next »
: [1]
: Franklin County Loses A Vote  ( 2196 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 07, 2016, 07:33:06 AM »

Carolyn Branagan posted this in the Georgia, VT FB page last night.

Hi everybody........it was a long day at the statehouse. As most of you know the Vermont State Senate voted today to suspend Franklin County Senator McAllister from his duties as a senator until his trial is over. Former Senator McAllister is charged with sexual assault and rape. A trial date has not been set. The vote was 20-10.

Franklin county is left with only one senator, though entitled to two. The other senator is Senator Dustin Degree.
I spoke with other Franklin County representatives about how we could continue to make sure Franklin County is fully represented in the Senate. Our plan is whenever an issue comes up for vote in the Senate that will impact Franklin County we will go to as many of the Senators as possible and explain the impact on our county and try to persuade them to vote in a way that helps the residents here. It will be time consuming and will take a lot of work. The Franklin County legislative delegation is strongly committed to doing what is best for Franklin County and her citizens.

I am part of that delegation and am also strongly committed to representing Georgia and making sure her residents' voices are heard at the state capital. I will do my best.

If you have questions contact me at cbranagan@leg.state.vt.us.

Rep. Carolyn Branagan
Franklin-1, Georgia
Vermont House of Representatives

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: