Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:15:21 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Peter King is resigning his position on the Selectboard?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Peter King is resigning his position on the Selectboard?  ( 11349 )
David Shea
: 471

« : May 14, 2015, 04:28:08 PM »

Today a respected member of our Fairfax, Vermont community visited me at my place of business to inform me that Peter King is resigning his seat on the Fairfax Selectboard. He asked if I would be interested in filling the remainder of Peters term. I am honored that this person would ask me and feel that it is one of the highest complements that can be given.

At this moment the responsibilities to my family and business consume all of my time leaving me with little extra for myself. It is my hope that there are other candidates who would be willing to fill Peter's seat and provide a valuable service leading our town.

Peter's resignation has not been confirmed by me.  I am posting this notice so that if there are individuals who are interested in filling the position that they step forward. 

The board filled the seat vacated by Chris Santee with a letter of interest from Lauri Bellows Fisher.   If any of you are interested, mail a letter to the Selectboard expressing an interest to serve on the board:

Town of Fairfax
Attn: Selectboard
12 Buckhollow Rd
Fairfax, VT 05454
« : May 14, 2015, 05:15:08 PM David Shea »
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : May 19, 2015, 06:01:00 PM »

LOL, my plate is full, but I appreciate the vote of confidence :-)

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
kpplus2

« #2 : May 20, 2015, 02:22:13 PM »

well I tried . . .Lol . . . :)
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #3 : May 21, 2015, 11:19:27 AM »

MKR this is screaming your name!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
David Shea
: 471

« #4 : May 21, 2015, 01:18:22 PM »

Josh,
You too would be a good candidate for the position as well.  You've always had an opinion about how the town should conduct business, now's your chance to show us what you can offer.
Stand Alone Defense

« #5 : May 29, 2015, 08:13:06 AM »

Josh,
You too would be a good candidate for the position as well.  You've always had an opinion about how the town should conduct business, now's your chance to show us what you can offer.

I'm engulfed every day in political posturing and political correctness with my full time job.  If my people and I get to go a week without having to gather info for some congressional inquiry, or gather info for some pet project thought up by the people at 1600 PA Ave, we consider ourselves lucky.  I have no desire to inject my home life with more political nonsense.

It is no secret I don’t care for politicians… Most of them are in my opinion the scum of the earth.  That being said it is a necessary job and someone has to do it.  I hope we can fill the position with an actual “work doer” instead of a “work talker” which is often the type to fill them.

lena6
: 357

« #6 : May 30, 2015, 03:06:50 PM »

If I knew who you were, I might vote for you.
lena6
: 357

« #7 : May 30, 2015, 07:18:24 PM »

Ok,  I thin k I know you now.  Friend of Jeff & Jay Meunier.  I'm the one that brought those two into the world.  You have my vote.  Go for it.  I t would only be until March and if you didn't like it, don't run for the position.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #8 : June 01, 2015, 07:16:05 AM »

Glad to hear Keith!! ~MK

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Stand Alone Defense

« #9 : June 01, 2015, 07:48:23 AM »

I think I might put my name in the hat. I ran before and I think it would be interesting. I believe putting yourself in the shoes of the folks on the board would give a great perspective and maybe I can help. I might be able to fill a couple different roles. . .  more to follow lets see how much support I receive I'm not really a "people person" ha. 

You have my support Keith!! We are pretty like minded on a lot of things and I think having someone like you on the board would be a good thing!!!

nhibbard
: 393

« #10 : June 02, 2015, 06:56:13 PM »

I'm surprised there is a process after the last appointment. The last one had to be done so fast because of the short notice. This notice if longer but they're actually going to put up notices and wait for some people to express interest. Glad it changed.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: