Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:44:54 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  VTGrandpa may be a bit busy today :-)
« previous next »
: [1]
: VTGrandpa may be a bit busy today :-)  ( 6549 )
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« : May 04, 2015, 09:49:29 AM »

Doing What he LOVES to do in the spring/summer!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
mkr
Administrator

« #1 : May 05, 2015, 10:04:38 AM »

He might be out there again this afternoon :-)  That rain help green up more grass

trussell
: 870

« #2 : May 05, 2015, 12:47:52 PM »

Henry!  You should apply for the groundskeeper position for the park!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
nhibbard
: 393

« #3 : May 05, 2015, 07:36:47 PM »

This the first mow of the season?
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #4 : May 06, 2015, 04:59:03 AM »

That is correct Nick.  Some parts of the lawn not ready yet.  Hoping the moles don't invade my lawn this year.  I have to admit though that back when I had a big garden before I retired in July 1992 along with the full time job it was not as enjoyable..  As of now, life is good.

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator

« #5 : May 06, 2015, 06:13:15 AM »

And it was a BIG garden!  As a kid I loved going out with him in the garden.  We had such delicious veggies growing up! 

Thanks Dad for all your hard work thru the years to care for your family!

Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #6 : May 06, 2015, 07:30:50 AM »

Below is part of the garden in the 1980s.  Shown are the 4 dozen tomato plants (Jet Stars) that helped provide one family here in town with many meals.  The lady used to can every single tomato I would drop off to her and in the winter time, many meals consisted mainly of homemade tomato soup.  Lots of satisfaction.  I used metal poles strung with two pieces of plain wire to stake them.  Also used to trim trim the suckers so ripe tomatoes could be easily seen and also the dreaded tomato worm droppings should they think they were going to feast on my plants.

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator

« #7 : May 06, 2015, 08:05:55 AM »

That is a great photo!  And definitely just a piece of the garden! It was huge folks!! :-)

Margie
: 156

« #8 : May 06, 2015, 09:32:54 AM »

When Maryanne was our Girl Scout leader, I remember seeing that large patch of garden.  It was about the same size as the garden my parents used to have at my house.  It was about half the backyard - looking at the space now, no wonder I hate weeding still to this day....  ;)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: