Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:56:49 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Norovirus, serious & very contagious
« previous next »
: [1]
: Norovirus, serious & very contagious  ( 2081 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 02, 2015, 06:15:36 AM »

n stomach virus that’s very contagious, is circulating around local communities.
“Right now what we’re seeing is actually more of the vomiting, diarrhea-type reports from schools,” Washtenaw County Public Heath spokeswoman Susan Cerniglia told WWJ Health Reporter Dr. Deanna Lites.
The best way to prevent the spread of the virus is through frequent hand washing, and staying at home if you’re sick.
“If someone has been sick, cleaning those frequently touched surfaces with a bleach-based solution can help reduce the spread of illness,” Cerniglia said. “And don’t prepare food for at least three days after illness.”
Most people get better in one to three days, but norovirus can pose a serious health threat for young children and older adults.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says about 19 to 21 million people get sick from the norovirus each year — and it’s responsible for more than 600 deaths a year.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: