Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:31:28 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Vote Today!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Vote Today!  ( 9542 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : March 03, 2015, 08:02:39 AM »

Don't forget to vote today.  Voting takes place in the 'old gym' at the school. 7 AM-7PM!
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : March 03, 2015, 09:20:40 AM »

FYI - No One was running for the 3 Term School Director Position. Scott Mitchell has stepped up and said to write him in!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
trussell
: 870

« #2 : March 03, 2015, 09:57:09 AM »

Why is voting at the school and not at the town office?

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #3 : March 03, 2015, 12:50:56 PM »

because the new town office is too small,silly head
Scott Mitchell
: 24

« #4 : March 03, 2015, 02:00:20 PM »

That's right.  Please feel free to Write in my name for School Director.  I will be happy to serve.
nhibbard
: 393

« #5 : March 03, 2015, 06:09:51 PM »

Because the new town office parking lot was poorly designed and there was no thought of the number of spaces, the entry and exit & where the snow would be in March. Woot woot.
mkr
Administrator

« #6 : March 04, 2015, 09:56:45 AM »

And seriously for two times a year, why would we build a parking lot for that. Much easier to have at the school and not waste money on a huge parking lot in my opinion.

nhibbard
: 393

« #7 : March 04, 2015, 06:21:57 PM »

You build if for public events so that if the school is doing something on election days, you don't have trouble finding parking or walking across a main road. Or because that was one of the reasons talked about when we voted for the new space.
mkr
Administrator

« #8 : March 05, 2015, 07:21:07 AM »

The school's old gym will never be busy so we cannot use it.

We have used the old gym my entire life (and before me). When i was in school they would come in and vote and the kids were eating in the old gym for lunch. So I guess my perception of what a waste of money is, is different to others.

ohhman
: 469

« #9 : March 05, 2015, 08:53:28 AM »

I see both sides to this: yes we were told many valid reasons for a new town office, & yes the parking there was poorly designed for sure, & we all feel $$ spent can/not be a waste, just everyone's opinion.  But I was there at the school board meeting & there is concern when we use the space during school time due to the crazy world we now live as far as safety.  That was the boards valid concern about safety & having our locked school, unlocked to the general public for the day.  Also, that space is now used every day, from what we are told for various school activities, so that space is always busy, but the school officials have to reschedule, re-plan, re-direct all aspects to make sure our kids are safe.
mkr
Administrator

« #10 : March 05, 2015, 12:23:07 PM »

I understand the unlocked door concern. When I brought Dad in the morning, the Sheriff was by the door.  Maybe hire one to sit there all day for protection.

As for the school to reschedule the old gym events for one day, I am not too worried about that.

So if it costs say $60,000 to add parking, gravel and black top it, this is good use of our dollars for twice a year and for really early morning and evening voter traffic?  This is where you want your money spent? By all means bring it to the board and have it be an article for next year then.
« : March 05, 2015, 12:25:40 PM mkr »

ohhman
: 469

« #11 : March 05, 2015, 01:59:54 PM »

Yes, the board/administration decided that meeting a sheriff was needed during school hours..... granted it all comes out of OUR pockets, but hope the town paid for this cost.  Like I said, I see both sides to this & with everyone's different opinions, is there ever a right answer?  (No I don't agree with the parking/gravel/black top)  It's just too bad that such a well planned, nice town office, the issue of the lot took a real back seat for sure. Hindsight.  I really don't think school had an issue with voting there, it was just they weren't notified too much ahead & being that school was in session, it was something to deal with & they did very well.  Again,  hindsight (since after the last election where so many brought up valid points about it being too difficult  at the new town office), not sure who should have decided & made sure town & school were in agreement where it was held. It turned out fine & next time, they will know ahead.
Watchman
: 47

« #12 : March 05, 2015, 02:03:34 PM »

I think this was the first time school was in session for Town Meeting Day (voting) since Fairfax moved to Australian ballot . I'm not sure why the board (Superintendent) decided to have school in session. Security and gym use would not be an issue if the board (superintendent) hadn't made it one.
mirjo
: 785

« #13 : March 07, 2015, 11:45:31 AM »

Many things are made an issue that do not need to be one. Issues/problems validate people. I always thought this was common knowledge.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: