Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:47:50 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Ed Cormier's Father Passes Away At Age 88
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ed Cormier's Father Passes Away At Age 88  ( 1772 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 13, 2015, 07:50:55 AM »

JAMES A. CORMIER

WILLISTON - James A. Cormier, 88, passed away from congestive heart failure on Feb. 11, 2015, in the UVM Medical Center. Born in Manchester, N.H., in 1926, he was the son of the late Alfred and Blanche Cormier. Jim enlisted in the Marine Corps in 1944 and served in W.W.II for two years. He married Pauline Brochu in 1951 and moved to Seymour, Conn., where he worked as a machinist. Jim moved his family to Vermont in 1965 for a job at IBM in Essex Junction where he worked for 24 years as a tool and dye maker, retiring in 1990. Jim was active in the Marine Corps League, American Legion, and the VFW. Jim took great pride in his ability to burn wood to warm his home, hands and heart, while his wife cooked on a traditional wood cook stove. Besides his wife, Pauline, of 63 years, he leaves a son, Edmond and wife, Holly, of Fairfax; daughter, Rita Lemire and husband, Marc, of Rotonda W., Fla.; daughter, Irene Cormier of Manchester, N.H.; four grandchildren, Jenny Stafford, Brad Cormier, Bethany Rule, and Sarah Wood; seven great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Beatrice Ouimette of South Hadley, Mass., and Geraldine Casey of Manchester, N.H. He was predeceased by four siblings. A special thanks go to his grandchildren, Jenny and Brad, for all they did for their grandparents in Jim's final days. In lieu of calling hours, a Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Saturday, Feb. 14, 2015, at 11 a.m. at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church in Williston. Interment will follow in the spring. Arrangements are in care of the Corbin & Palmer Funeral Home, 9 Pleasant Street, Essex Junction. Contributions in Jim's memory may be sent to the Visiting Nurse Association, 1110 Prim Rd., Colchester VT 05446.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: