Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:58:33 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Maple Street Fire In Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Maple Street Fire In Fairfax  ( 2437 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 09, 2015, 11:47:25 PM »

This is the old Luman House on Maple Street..  There may be a video up later.

http://www.wcax.com/story/28066381/fire-crews-contain-flames-in-isle-la-motte-fairfax
« : February 09, 2015, 11:53:35 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : February 11, 2015, 09:08:25 AM »

Owner and firefighters act quickly, save house
By MICHELLE MONROE
Messenger Staff Writer

FAIRFAX - A fire at 19 Maple St. here was kept confined to a second floor bedroom Monday afternoon.

According to Fairfax Fire Dept. Battalion Chief Dave Raymond, residents were home when the fire began, and immediately closed the door to the room where the fire was located, evacuated the building and called 9-1-1.

"We were able to get there pretty quickly because he didn't waste any time calling us," said Raymond.

The fire was knocked down in 15 to 20 minutes, he reported. The fire department then remained to ventilate the home and make certain the fire had not spread into the walls. They also provided some assistance to the homeowner in cleaning up.

Fire damage was confined to the one room, but there was smoke damage to the second floor.

Raymond    said    he believed an overloaded outlet caused the fire.
« : February 11, 2015, 09:32:34 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: