Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:00:26 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Photos Of Fire At Colonial Road Condos
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photos Of Fire At Colonial Road Condos  ( 3881 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 07, 2007, 02:17:00 PM »

A stubborn fire pretty much took care of 4 or could be 8 of the garages before it was brought under control this afternoon.  I was on my way home from Burlington and could see the huge funnel of black smoke rising up into the sky.  Fire was pretty much under control when I got there, but click on the link below to see the slideshow of the photos I took:

[/b]
« : August 07, 2007, 02:52:08 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : August 08, 2007, 06:54:38 AM »

Hi All,

I believe Channel 3 got some bad info last night on the fire in Fairfax - either that or I missed a lot.  Below is what they reported:

At least three cars and other belongings burned in a fire in Fairfax today. Firefighers from four departments responded to the blaze at this condominium complex on Sunset Drive. The fire was in a stand-alone building containing eight garages. Four of them were destroyed -- including cars parked inside -- and other personal property. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

I am sure the Messenger will have something in today that will be a little more accurate.

Mike Cain also has a link to a Free Press web site for more pictures on his web site at:

[/b]
« : August 08, 2007, 07:06:28 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #2 : August 08, 2007, 07:21:34 AM »

They are part right the garage contained 20 units, 8 where destroyed.A few more may have smoke or water damage. A fire wall and a quick response saved the rest of the units. First arriving crews where able to put a lot of water fast onto the fire and keep it from spreading to the rest of the building. It was a lot of hard work and effort on a hot day with a very hot fire. First call came in around 1:30 we had our equipment cleaned repacked and ready to go around 9:00 last night.

Big thanks to Cambridge Fire and Rescue, Fairfax Rescue, Georgia Fire , Milton Fire, And St. Albans Fire for coming over and lending a lot of help. And of course to Fairfax Fire.
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : August 08, 2007, 01:10:12 PM »

Hi All,

I have received a number of e-mails wondering where Colonial Road is.  Below is a map to show you:

[/b]

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: