Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:35:32 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Overwhelmed
« previous next »
: [1]
: Overwhelmed  ( 2423 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : November 22, 2014, 05:46:02 PM »

I am overwhelmed: by the generosity of BFA high school students who collected food for the food shelf; by Geoff Schukei who organized it all;by the anonymous people who left food, brought turkeys and shared their blessings with the food shelf; by the visitors to the BFA Craft Fair who donated money and brought food for the food shelf; by the many young people who cheerfully  helped me and the other vendors carry their crafts in and out of the gym; to the two young people who ran our PHPG table when I couldn't be there and then stayed extra time; to the folks of the United Church who donated food; to those who donated and to Steeple Market for creating and collecting bags of food; to those who attend the Ecumenical Thanksgiving Service and donate food,  and to the community at large for their generosity in helping their neighbors. 
To that man who spoke to us at our table at the Fair  on Saturday and observed that 'we can't help our own why should be help others,'  I am sorry, but you missed the boat!
My cup runneth over. May the Lord bless you and keep you.
« : November 23, 2014, 06:06:23 PM Rev. Elizabeth »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: