Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:09:02 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Henry in Vermont Magazine article
« previous next »
: [1]
: Henry in Vermont Magazine article  ( 7292 )
ssweet
: 301

« : September 11, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »

The Vermont Magazine has a nice article on Henry and his vtgrandpa.com in their September/October issue.  Thanks for all you do to keep us up to date on the happenings in the area. 
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : September 11, 2014, 06:31:10 PM »

Thanks Sally, Lisa wrote the article last year & I was not aware it had come out.  I will have to see if I can find a copy.  I can't remember what the article said, although I do know she had to come up and take some more photos as they did not like the photo she sent in.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : September 12, 2014, 06:39:47 AM »

There is also a picture of Dale Bellows' barn, the United Church, and the Foothills Bakery

Jo

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #3 : September 12, 2014, 08:09:00 AM »

Well congratulations to you Henry for well deserved recognition!  The site is a wonderful resource in our community and we are fortunate that you created it and take the time to manage it.
mirjo
: 785

« #4 : September 12, 2014, 12:05:05 PM »

I was at FFx Pharm yesterday to get you a copy & they didn't have the new one. It may not be in stores yet. ?? They told me they may have it next week when the order comes in. I'm going to check again then. I was hoping to surprise you with a copy, but it didn't work out that way--it's been so long from submission to publication--the thrill of it is nearly gone. About 2 1/2 years. Too long!

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Henry
Administrator

« #5 : September 12, 2014, 12:34:16 PM »

I know it has been a long time.  I think you had given me a copy of the article, but think it was on my old computer.  I know you certainly put a lot of effort into getting that published.  Many thanks.

Henry Raymond
mirjo

« #6 : September 12, 2014, 02:20:22 PM »

It was accepted 2/2012 and slated for pub in 2013. That came & went, so I inquired about it and was told things had been crazy and it had been bumped and it would be in the march 2014 edition then that couldn't happen and was bumpedd to the end of the year again. When I expressed my displeasure at that he said they would try to get it in sooner. So we got September. Fortunately the editor felt bad enough last year for bumping the story, he paid me ahead of publication; however, I really just wanted to get it published--as it stands, some of the things aren't as  accurate as they were when it was submitted. Sorry for that. :/

tweetie1
: 71

« #7 : September 12, 2014, 03:19:44 PM »

I totally agree with Rev. Elizabeth --- YOU DESERVE the recognition...
Henry
Administrator

« #8 : September 12, 2014, 04:46:51 PM »

JoAnne Wilkins just brought me her copy.  Everything is pretty accurate Lisa, although I have aged a bit.

Henry Raymond
David Shea
: 471

« #9 : September 14, 2014, 08:32:25 AM »

Lisa,
I've always wondered who the person was behind your alias.  It now makes sense to me why your post are so well composed, defended and written.
mirjo

« #10 : September 14, 2014, 01:55:08 PM »

Thanks  David. While never afraid to share my many opinions, the general  policy is not to  blast off until  I am sure of what I say & can back things up. Though, it's likely breached on occasion.  I have a tendency to be a bit verbose and irritate a few political "friends" I've made over the years. We have agreed to not ever exchange christmas cards.  :-)

Now that I'm outed, I will  have to find a new cover!

: [1]  
« previous next »
: