Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:18:43 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Objects hitting windshields Of Cars On Interstate
« previous next »
: [1]
: Objects hitting windshields Of Cars On Interstate  ( 3013 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 21, 2014, 08:46:11 PM »

My daughter had her windshield hit again and was reading this press release just now:

On Thursday, August 21, 2014 between 3:50 and 3:55 p.m. a Greyhound Tour Bus was traveling northbound on Interstate 89 in Williston when it was struck by an unknown projectile.  The projectile struck a window on the right front side of the bus causing the exterior glass to shatter.  The interior pane of glass remained intact and was not damaged.  The seat closest to the window was unoccupied at the time although there was a passenger in the aisle seat.  No one was injured as a result of this incident and the driver of the bus was able to safely drive the bus off the interstate to the Burlington International Airport.

At the time that this incident occurred the driver of the bus, 59 year old Michael R. Graham of New York, New York advised that he was northbound in the left lane approaching Exit 12.  Graham advised that he moved to the left lane to allow traffic to merge from the on-ramp.  Graham advised that a pick-up truck pulling a trailer entered the interstate from the Exit 12 on-ramp.  He advised that the trailer was transporting All-Terrain Vehicles with large tires and a camouflage covering.  Graham advised that the truck sped up and as it passed by in the right lane the window of the bus shattered.  There was no further description of the truck available, although authorities are working with the bus company to obtain possible on-board video footage of the vehicle involved.   The truck continued northbound on the interstate following this incident.

The bus involved was traveling from New York City to the Burlington International Airport with a final destination of Montreal, Canada.  There were 47 passengers on board at the time of this incident.   A replacement bus was dispatched from White River Junction to transport the remaining passengers to Montreal.

The State Police are interested in speaking with the operator of the pick-up truck that was involved.   If anyone has information regarding this incident please contact Corporal Mark Magnant at the Williston State Police Barracks at 802-878-7111.

Henry Raymond
roadrnnr
: 62

« #1 : September 14, 2014, 08:39:48 AM »

Insurance companies I believe consider this an "act of God" and  the person driving the vehicle throwing the rock is not responsible. I know it sucks, happened to me a few months ago but that's why we have insurance.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: