Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:13:20 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  90th Annual Leach-Hawley Family Reunion - Aug 2 & 3
« previous next »
: [1]
: 90th Annual Leach-Hawley Family Reunion - Aug 2 & 3  ( 3553 )
rwing180
: 98

« : July 30, 2014, 04:47:35 PM »

This coming weekend is the 90th annual Leach-Hawley Family Reunion. The Leach & Hawley families were prominent in the Towns of Fairfax, Fairfield, Essex and surrounding areas.  Many of their descendents still live in the area and participate in this annual reunion.

To celebrate this special 90th year milestone there are activities planned for the entire weekend

For more information or directions  contact – Sharon Roa 654-8021

Below are some of the activities:

Saturday, August 2nd

8:30 AM               Meet at Bayside Park, Colchester, VT for coffee, juice, and muffins

9:00 AM               Take a Group Driving Tour of our Family Homesteads, etc in Essex & Fairfax

12:00 PM             Sandwich and Ice Cream Luncheon at the Thompson Farm - Colchester

1:00 PM               Things to do this afternoon -----

Cruise on Lake Champlain as a Group $ -- You need to RSVP to Sharon Roa for this activity**
or other activities on your own

7:00 PM    Bonfire at Judy and Dan Pillsbury’s (Williston), with Munchies

Sunday, August 3rd

Summer Hours -- Attend a Leach-Hawley traditional Church Service:

Williston Federated Church

Fairfax United Church

12:00 PM   Enjoy the traditional Potluck Luncheon
            (Bayside Park Pavillion –Colchester)

1:00 PM      Business Meeting and other activities . Bring photos, recipes & stories to share

tfence
: 257

« #1 : July 31, 2014, 04:38:34 AM »

Curtis F. Hawley owned my house from 1859 to 1888. I wonder if there is any relation to this family.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
tfence
: 257

« #2 : August 05, 2014, 04:13:56 AM »

Hawley, Dr. Curtis F., is descended from the pioneer stock in Fairfax, being the son of Lyman and grandson of Abijah Hawley, the latter having settled in Buck Hollow in 1790. The wife of Lyman was Betsey Hawley, by whom he had a large family of children. By his second wife, Melissa Wells, he had two children. Curtis F. Hawley was born August 2, 1826, and lived on the home farm until he was eighteen. He was educated in the common schools and in Bakersfield Academy. He read medicine with Dr. John Branch, of St. Albans, and afterwards attended the Castleton Medical College, from which institution he was graduated in June, 1889. This was followed by a post graduate course in the College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York city, after which he commenced practice in Fletcher in 1849, moving to Fairfax in 1858. Dr. Hawley is a successful practitioner, and an active member of both the State and County Medical Societies. During the war he had a valuable experience in the hospital at Brattleboro. In 1851 he married Louisa A., daughter of William R. Boynton, of Fletcher, of which marriage four children have been born. He also has one child by adoption. In 1872-14 Mr. Hawley represented his town in the legislature. He has frequently been selectman, and has held the offices of town clerk, treasurer, and superintendent.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
: [1]  
« previous next »
: