Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:02:46 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  God Bless Firefighters !
« previous next »
: [1]
: God Bless Firefighters !  ( 2545 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : July 30, 2014, 12:50:28 PM »

PRESS RELEASE
St. Albans City Fire Department

At approximately 01:11 a.m. Central Dispatch received a 911 call from a handicapped male at 203 South Main Street, Apartment No. 4 reporting that his apartment was on fire and he was trapped inside. Fire, Police and EMS Services were immediately dispatched to the scene. St. Albans Police Officers, who were first on the scene, immediately heard the male victim/caller yelling for help from within his apartment. The Officers quickly went to his aide and physically carried him to a safe location outside of the fire scene. The victim had sustained serious burns to his back and arms. While one Officer stayed with the victim, who has been subsequently identified as Thomas Page, age 72 to await the arrival of Am Care Responders, the other Officers rushed back to the building and evacuated eleven (11) other apartment occupants in the other four (4) attached apartments. The evacuee’s included a family of five, with three young children. Officers’ had to smash windows out and kick in doors to evacuate some of the sleeping occupants.

Approximately fifty (50) Firefighters and firefighting apparatus from St. Albans City, St. Albans Town and Georgia Fire Departments fought the blaze until shortly before daybreak this morning. Firefighters and Vermont State Fire Investigators, who arrived on scene at approximately 6:00 a.m. this morning remain at the scene conducting a fire investigation at this time to determine the cause and origin of the fire.

The fire victim, Thomas Page was transported to NMC Emergency Department by Am Care, where he was stabilized and transferred to Fletcher Allen Medical Center. The victim is reported to be in critical condition. No further information regarding the victim is available at this time.

Issued:   07-30-14
By:      Chief Gary L. Taylor

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : July 31, 2014, 01:43:07 PM »