Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:46:50 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Health Insurance Phone Survey
« previous next »
: [1]
: Health Insurance Phone Survey  ( 2025 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : July 28, 2014, 02:46:38 PM »

DFR to conduct Vermont Household Health Insurance Survey
MONTPELIER –Susan L. Donegan, commissioner of the Department of Financial Regulation (DFR), announced today that the department will again conduct a confidential survey of Vermonters asking about health insurance practices beginning in early August. The Vermont Household Health Insurance Survey will be completed in November with preliminary results expected in early 2015.

Representatives from a survey company called Market Decisions of Portland, Maine, will make random phone calls to Vermonters on behalf of DFR and will ask questions pertaining to their health insurance needs, frequency of doctor visits and what may or may not influence their decision in seeking health care.

By getting the word out ahead of time, Donegan said she wants to make sure Vermonters know what to expect if they receive a call. Callers will askfor first names only, which will be kept confidential, and they will never ask for Social Security numbers, bank or credit card information.

“We urge people to take part in the survey,” she said. “The data we collect will give us a good picture of the state’s insured population and their health needs.”

She said that confidence in the integrity of Market Decisions and the survey and clear honest answers from Vermonters are key to the success of the survey.

“We hope that everyone who is contacted will be enthusiastic about taking part in this important study,” Donegan said.

Questions may be directed to DFR at 802-828-3301 or Dr. Brian Robertson, director of research at Market Decisions, 800-293-1538, ext. 102.To read the 2012 Vermont Household Health Insurance Survey, visit the DFR website: http://www.dfr.vermont.gov/insurance/health-insurance/vermont-household-health-insurance-survey-vhhis. For more information about Market Decisions, visit their website: www.marketdecisions.com.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: