Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:56:39 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Looking For Host Families
« previous next »
: [1]
: Looking For Host Families  ( 1726 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 19, 2014, 05:57:31 AM »

Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 07:09:14 -0400
Subject: Re: FW: Host Families Needed
To: fairfaxtownclerk@live.com

i think this is something more for henry raymond? we pretty much just put school info on our website.

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 3:00 PM, debbie <fairfaxtownclerk@live.com> wrote:
Hi Carol & Stacy:

I am not sure who would be in charge of looking for the request below.

Thought you may be interested and sharing this info with the public.

Thanks,

Deb Woodward
Town Clerk/Treas

To: fairfaxtownclerk@live.com
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 16:28:42 -0400
Subject: Host Families Needed

Dear  Debbie
I am a Regional Director working for CIEE, the non-profit agency that coordinates foreign exchange students.  We are one of the agencies that the State Department has designated to supervise the students when they come into the country.  Our mission is to help people gain understanding, acquire knowledge, and develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world. We are always looking for good host families and Local Coordinators to help make sure the students that come here have an enriching stay. 
I am writing today because we have a couple students coming to the Fairfax area for the 2014-2015 high school year and we need assistance in finding them good homes and families.  In your position in the community, I thought you may be someone or know of someone that would like to host a CIEE student.   We accept all kinds of families - kids, no kids, empty nesters, single parents, and so on. The main requirement is kindness and a willingness to learn about a foreign culture. Families who welcome a student will not only gain a new member, but will also learn about the world, its many values, traditions, languages, food, and more.
Our students have the appropriate visa, medical insurance and pay for all of their own expenses, with the exception of food and utilities. Students are between the ages of 15-18. They are arriving in August and are on a 10 month program. A family may act as a welcome family and bring the student into your community for a part of their experience as well.
If you are not in the position right now to host a student, we would greatly appreciate your help in forwarding this along to your network of friends and family.
Thank you for your time!
STS14047R1 - Girl. Monika is a 15 year old girl from POLAND. Iīm ambitious and a positive thinking person, which never gives up and always tries to reach my goals. I can use my experience from living in two countries (Poland and Sweden) with different languages, food, culture etc. to show people it is not impossible to accept different point of view and still have your own opinion. I love to play drums and listen to Rock music and in the summer I enjoy kitesurfing, skiing in the winter isnīt bad too. I also like swimming, riding, reading and karate. In the USA i would like to join a rock band and a music-interested club and if it will be possible I wanīt to get a driving licence. I love pets, but I donīt have one because we travel a lot. I have a younger sister. GPA: 3.40 SLEP Score: 65
OEG14032R1 - Girl. NIPADA is a 15 year old girl from THAILAND. My name is Nipada, everyone call me "Khing". I'm very friendly & active girl. Everyone always see smile on my face. I like animals, my favorite is dog. In my free time I like cooking, playing sport, watching movie and series, surf internet and reading. I like to cooks many kind of food especially Thai food. I love playing tennis, swimming, cycling, playing badminton, playing golf and horse riding. Romantic comedy movies, drama movies and historical drama movies are my favorite movies. I am easygoing, friendly, eager to learn new things in different culture and willing to exchange my culture to you. DPOK SPOK GOK GPA: 3.90 SLEP Score: 49 Program Length: 10 months

FFO14052 - Boy. Raul is a 16 year old boy from SPAIN. I'm just a student from far away who wants to study abroad. And I want to do it in the US. That should say something about me. I want to do this to learn from another culture and to show mine to the rest of the world, plus, I like to travel. I'm friend of my friends and I love to make people laugh. I'm hoping to see you soon. DPOK SPOK GPA: 3.90 SLEP Score: 64 Program Length: 10 months

VIRGINIA DOSS // CIEE
Regional Director MD ME NH VA VT
──────────────────────────
300 Fore Street, Portland, ME 04101
email vdoss@ciee.org
tel +1.207.553.7812
fax +1.207.553.9412
web ciee.org/highschool/host

--
Carol Stanley
BFA Fairfax;  Admin. asst
75 Hunt St.   Fairfax.VT 05454