Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:41:20 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax House of Pizza ?
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Fairfax House of Pizza ?  ( 19557 )
wwiihistory
: 56

« #15 : June 17, 2014, 10:17:47 PM »

Tried them out tonight with a delayed pizza order for pickup. Understand still in training but had to wait 5-10min 2nd in line to pay seeing it done above the oven. Pizza okay, poppers so so. Everything half cooled when i picked it up due to holes poked in top of box...never seen that before. Weird...
Fairfax5454
: 2

« #16 : June 18, 2014, 08:11:51 AM »

We had a meat lovers from take out last night and it was wonderful!  I like the Swanton location and I was hoping it would be the same.

The holes in the top of the box are to allow the steam out so the pizza crust does not get soggy from moisture.  When I worked in a seafood restaurant years ago we would fold over the top of the bag and rip a hole in it so the seafood & fries wouldn't get soggy.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #17 : June 18, 2014, 08:33:18 AM »

I had pizza the night before and it was delicious (And not soggy pizza makes me a happy camper!).  Last night a taco salad and it was also very good.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Travis
: 141

« #18 : June 18, 2014, 09:00:58 AM »

We have ordered a few times from FHOP. Several pizzas a couple of taco salads, plus several other items.

The pizza has been top notch every time. I feel it is a cross between Zachary's and Papa Franks (80's version). I love the House Special.
The meatball sub was amazing. The meatballs were sliced, so that was odd, but the flavor is excellent.
The taco salad is great, and they'll hold items that you don't like. Like olives. I hate olives.
Breadsticks are great too.
Mozzarella sticks were very good.
The wings weren't crispy. I like the skin to be crispy and not soft. But the flavor is good. I just couldn't get past the soft skin.
The garlic bread was Ok, but nothing I'd order again.

They've been open a week, and I think we might be "regulars" already.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: