Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:56:57 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Anybody With A 10mm Socket Extension & Handle
« previous next »
: [1]
: Anybody With A 10mm Socket Extension & Handle  ( 2705 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 30, 2014, 01:54:07 PM »

Broke a spring on my John Deere seat.  Got 2 new springs, but my tools are few & far between.  My socket fits into a screwdriver  type handle.  Can't make my vice grips hold tight enough to remove one of the nuts to replace the spring.  Really don't want to pay Harvest Equip a trip out here to do that.  Anybody willing to do this for me at a reasonable rate??

Now I know some of you mechanically inclined might be smiling,  but I don't do plumbing, heating or mechanical work, thus the professional vice grips, hammer& limited wrenches will usually satisfy what I might tackle.
« : May 30, 2014, 01:59:29 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 30, 2014, 07:09:58 PM »

Many thanks to Wayne Sweet for coming over and removing the old spring and installing the new one.  Sally called me around 7:15 and Sally told me Wayne had a 10mm socket and that he could come over tonight if I wanted him to.  Shortly thereafter Wayne appeared, tool chest in hand and within a short time everything was done.  Less I forget to mention it, Sally & Wayne have been extraordinary neighbors giving me rides on many occasions and always willing to help out.  Very much appreciated Wayne & Sally.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: