Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:39:00 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Dave Shover's Mother Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Dave Shover's Mother Passes Away  ( 1665 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 05, 2014, 05:36:41 AM »

JEAN (ROCK) BEDARD SHOVER

SOUTH BURLINGTON — Jean (Rock) Bedard Shover, 84, of South Burlington, went to be with the Lord on Tuesday, June 3, 2014, in the presence of her family in Fletcher Allen Health Care.

She was born in Burlington on July 7, 1929, the daughter of the late Arthur and Nancy (Davis) Rock. She was a graduate of Cathedral High School in 1947. Jean was married to Joseph George Bedard, who predeceased her. She later married Sherman Shover by whom she was also predeceased.

Jean was happy and busy as a homemaker and raising her family. She was employed for several years at the former Bero’s Jewelry store on Church Street, she also had many other places of employment until she retired. Jean spent her life in service and caring for the ones she loved. She was active in the VFW where she had many friends. In her leisure time, she enjoyed making puzzles, working on her computer, and cooking.

Her biggest pleasure was her grandchildren.

Jean is survived by her sons, George and Gregory Bedard of Burlington, Timothy Shover Sr. and partner, Michelle Relyea, of South Burlington, and David Shover of Fairfax; many grandchildren who love her dearly; siblings, Thomas (Rita) Rock, and Pauline Rock Adams of Colchester, James (Maris) Rock of St. Albans, Carmelita (Joseph) Violette of Florida, and Sr. Janet Rock, RSM of Mt. St. Mary’s Convent in Burlington.

She was predeceased by her siblings, Arthur, Mary Rita, Vernon Sr., Monica Rock, Nancy, Theresa, and Frederick.

The family would like to express special thanks to Michelle Relyea for the care and love she showed Jean.

Visiting hours will be held on Sunday, June 8, 2014, from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Ready Funeral & Cremation Service South Chapel, 261 Shelburne Rd., Burlington. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Monday, June 9, 2014, at 10 a.m. in the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception Church, Burlington, with burial to follow in Ft. Ethan Allen Cemetery, Colchester. To send online condolences to the family please visit www.readyfuneral.com. In lieu of flowers, contributions in Jean’s memory may be made to the VFW Ladies Auxiliary, 176 So. Winooski Ave., Burlington, VT 05401.
« : June 05, 2014, 06:27:48 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: