Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:26:48 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  4th of July Parade and Community Day Events!
« previous next »
: [1]
: 4th of July Parade and Community Day Events!  ( 14217 )
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« : May 27, 2014, 09:41:40 AM »

It is time to get ready for the 3rd annual 4th of July Parade and 7th annual Community Day!
Come out and be a part of one of Fairfax's BIGGEST events of the year!

For all details and links to forms to print out please click on the following link:
http://www.fairfaxrecreation.com/annual.html#community_day

This year's Parade theme is "Honor our Veterans"

Fairfax 4th of July
Parade, Community Day & Ducky Race
Date: Friday, July 4, 2014
Time:Parade 1pm; Community Day 2:00pm - 6:00pm; Ducky Race 4pm
Fee: FREE; Fee to purchase a duck for Ducky Race
Contact: Katrina (849-6111 ext 8 / fairfaxparksandrec@yahoo.com )

Greetings! Are you ready to participate in celebrating our Independence Day? The Fairfax Park and Recreation Department brought back the 4th of July Parade in 2012. We hope you would like to be a part of the 2014 celebration!

Parade Info:
     The Parade will be held on Thrusday July 4, 2014 at 1pm, with the parade line-up beginning at 11:30am. Parade will start at St. Luke's Church and proceed down Main St, bearing right on Hunt St. and end at the Fairfax Community Recreation Park!
     This will be approximately a 2 mile route.

Community Day Info:
      The Fun does not stop when the parade ends! The parade will lead us to the 7th annual Community Day and 22nd Annual Ducky Race. This annual event has been growing over the past few years and last year, all winners were in the park for the race winning $50 extra dollars. As in recent years, we would like groups/businesses etc., to create booths for the Community Day, and we look forward to hearing your ideas! The winner of the famous Golden Duck Trophy will also be announced at Community Day.
     If you are interested in participating in the 4th of July Parade and/or Celebration, please complete the form attached and spread the word. All are welcome! Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
 Parade and Booth Entry Form

Ducky Race Info:
The Ducky Race is a fun family event where you can cheer your plastic ducky as it floats down the Lamoille River to the finish line in the park. You can either wait at the finish line while announcers keep everyone informed as to the location of the duckies, or follow the duckies from the launch site, walking along the Rec Path to the finish line in the Park. The first three duckies to reach the finish line win cash prizes. If you are in the park when your duck takes 1st, 2nd or 3rd you win an extra $50!

Ducky tickets will be sold for $4 each or buy 5 get one free, around town beginning in early May up until 1/2 hour before the race start (with proceeds supporting recreation programs).
« : May 27, 2014, 09:53:33 AM mkr »

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
mkr
Administrator

« #1 : June 08, 2014, 06:29:23 PM »

Time to start filling out those forms for the parade!

Please feel to contact me with questions!

~Mary Kay Raymond

kpplus2

« #2 : June 08, 2014, 07:28:33 PM »

Fireworks this year?
katrinaantonovich
: 162

« #3 : June 08, 2014, 07:49:11 PM »

Not this year- We would like to, but Fireworks require quite a bit of sponsorship and fundraising.
« : June 11, 2014, 06:49:28 AM mkr »
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #4 : June 09, 2014, 12:14:45 AM »

WWII Vets??  Just a few left.  Don't know if we have any left in Fairfax or Fletcher.  Laurent Lavalee still alive & living in Westford.

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator

« #5 : June 09, 2014, 08:26:32 AM »

Great point Dad, Our parade begins with our Veterans! 

This year the parade theme is Honor our Veterans!  Please reach out to anyone you know that is a Veteran and invite them to come participate in our parade!

You do not need to be a Fairfax resident to be in the parade.

If you have a business, sports cars, race cars, antique cars/tractors/etc, organization, or just want to do a float with friends or family, all are welcome!

Also if you would like to do vending in the park, the form in the link above is also for that as well!
« : June 09, 2014, 08:33:40 AM mkr »

lena6
: 357

« #6 : June 10, 2014, 08:05:26 AM »

Perhaps if more people came forward and started donating their precious time we could have had fireworks.  It is not just buying the fireworks but getting a professional to set them off.  We would to raise money  to have them on the 4th.  Mr. Chapman use to help us and also the fire dept.  We did not expect things handed to us, we worked to have them.  As for Katrina, that girl has done more for this town than anyone I know.  We would not have completion of the rec path and the rec fields without her.  Please, let's give Katrina a big thank you for all she has done.  
Colin Santee
: 21

« #7 : June 10, 2014, 01:36:07 PM »

Perhaps if more people came forward and started donating their precious time we could have had fireworks.  It is not just buying the fireworks but getting a professional to set them off.  We would to raise money  to have them on the 4th.  Mr. Chapman use to help us and also the fire dept.  We did not expect things handed to us, we worked to have them.  As for Katrina, that girl has done more for this town than anyone I know.  We would not have completion of the rec path and the rec fields without her.  Please, let's give Katrina a big thank you for all she has done.  

Great point Lena!!

Katrina, how could interested community members like myself get involved with helping out with this year's events?

Colin Santee, Director
Fairfax Parks & Rec. Dept.
mkr
Administrator

« #8 : June 11, 2014, 06:54:23 AM »

Colin - I will make sure Katrina sees your offer!  We would love extra help!  I know I need one more person for parade traffic right by the school.  We will be in touch!  Thank you so much!!

As a volunteer and Rec & Park Board member, I truly appreciate all Katrina does and that is why I volunteer my time to help make these special events successful!

sweetpeakt
: 43

« #9 : June 11, 2014, 09:18:50 AM »

I would love to see fireworks back in Fairfax as well.  It sure beats going to Burlington or trying to fight traffic at St. Albans Bay.  I used to enjoy watching them from the baseball fields at school.  My husband is on the fire dept and I know he would be happy to help out if needed.  Let's try and get this going for next year!
mkr
Administrator

« #10 : June 11, 2014, 09:36:18 AM »

It is definitely a work in progress for next year to have fireworks!  Funding is key!  Thank you all for your support!

mkr
Administrator

« #11 : June 18, 2014, 12:39:19 PM »

Shout out to those with Antique vehicles/trucks/motorcycles  We would love to have you in the parade!!

mkr
Administrator

« #12 : June 25, 2014, 06:57:05 AM »

Still in need of participants!  Some of our regulars will be out of town and looking for some "new blood" to join in the fun.  Parade starts at 1pm and line up @ 11:30am.

Thank you!!!

Colin Santee
: 21

« #13 : July 01, 2014, 11:01:24 AM »

Looking forward to the fun events this week!

Colin Santee, Director
Fairfax Parks & Rec. Dept.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #14 : July 02, 2014, 07:30:47 AM »

Still looking for Veteran or current Military members to walk and lead the parade!! So far we have an old military Jeep with veterans and 2 motorcycles with Combat Vet members ... It would be nice to get a few more people to walk.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: