Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:39:54 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Former Forum Member Speaks Out On Nigerian Abduction
« previous next »
: [1]
: Former Forum Member Speaks Out On Nigerian Abduction  ( 1758 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 09, 2014, 02:32:42 PM »

Henry Raymond,

Here is a positive thing for mothers day to post. (I was registered years ago for your site, and still live in Fairfax, but long ago forgot my log in info.)

I drafted a position statement for the Vermont Organization for Nurse leaders regarding the Nigerian schoolgirls, and let National League of Nursing leader Bev Malone know about it. She/NLN is joining our cause – see below statements!

Meredith L. Roberts
Interim BSN Director PhD(c)
(802)879-5970
101 Lawrence Place
Williston VT.05495
Mroberts@vtc.vsc.edu

Sent: Friday, May 09, 2014 2:38 PM
To: Roberts, Meredith L @ VTC
Subject: RE: Nigerian Abduction

Dear Meredith, I am so impressed with your courage and I’m speaking about the Vermont Nursing Leaders.  NLN will join and in my Monday Update I speak to it and about your leadership. bev

Beverly Malone, PhD, RN, FAAN  | CEO | National League for Nursing | www.nln.org | ceo@nln.org

802-909-2517 | Fax: 202-944-8523 | The Watergate | 2600 Virginia Avenue NW, Washington DC 20037

From: Roberts, Meredith L @ VTC [mailto:MRoberts@vtc.vsc.edu]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2014 12:12 AM
To: Office of the CEO
Subject: Nigerian Abduction

Dear Bev Malone,

I am sure you have heard of the recent abduction of Nigerian schoolgirls. I am drafting a statement for the Vermont Organization of Nurse Leaders, and thought that perhaps the NLN might also want to take a stand on this education issue on nurse week, if you have not already. I would love to have nurses across the nation stand together on this – My draft so far:

Vermont Nurse Leaders Stand Together to Support Nigerian Schoolgirls on Nurses Week

The Vermont Organization of Nurse Leaders (VONL) was outraged to hear about the recent abduction of Nigerian schoolgirls by Boko Haram, a name that means “Western education is sinful” for simply wanting to be educated. VONL supports education for all genders, and is saddened to hear that the government is not doing more to protect future generations. VONL supports President Obama’s efforts to send personnel skilled in hostage negotiating and victim assistance to aid these young women, assist their return, and support the grieving parents.

Best regards,
Meredith L. Roberts
Interim BSN Director PhD(c)
(802)879-5970
101 Lawrence Place
Williston VT.05495
Mroberts@vtc.vsc.edu

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: