Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:50:04 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  I'm a Hero....but Nobody knows it...another Home Improvement scam
« previous next »
: [1]
: I'm a Hero....but Nobody knows it...another Home Improvement scam  ( 4217 )
nancyd
: 304

« : April 07, 2014, 10:54:08 PM »

Long story short......My son put me in touch with an older man who works at Home Depot, saying I could help him as he was scammed by a contractor. I found the contractor on the State's Home Improvement Fraud list. Anyway, this contractor took $25,000 of this man's money and did not perform the work. That was two years ago. I texted the. HD worker and told him exactly what he had to do...how to file a police report, what to say, how to document everything.....police went to contractor's home and served court papers.
Well the contractor paid the man back in FULL with a bank check ( I told him not to accept any other payment option. )

Update on my case....we are getting our money back too...went to court today. Our guy pleaded guilty to felony fraud....Jail 2-5 years if he messes up in Court Drug Treatment Program.  Case Over.
Judi
: 508

« #1 : April 08, 2014, 05:01:43 AM »

Great job paying it forward Nancy and I am happy to hear you are getting your money back. :)
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #2 : April 08, 2014, 05:07:48 AM »

now if you can tell me how I can get my money back from the gov,?
nancyd
: 304

« #3 : April 08, 2014, 09:05:08 AM »

Thanks guys. The case with the worker at Home Depot really riled my feathers because the contractor would shop there and taunt the worker about his getting away with taking his money....I really really didn't want him to get away with it.

Anytime you use a contractor, always save any communication that transpires over email or texts, and if it's verbal, write it down.
You never know when you'll need it.

Sorry Ed, don't know how to get money back from Govt...haha...they bury it deep.
al brodeur
: 216

« #4 : April 08, 2014, 09:49:18 AM »

Rod, its very easy to get your money back--first you have to be reclasified as a small minority business and then the Gov't subsidies will pour in
money,mo money and mo money heck soon you will be opening the "Bank of Fairfax"  taking summer trips to see Cuzzin Mike
: [1]  
« previous next »
: