Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:56:05 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Would You Like To Own Your Own Home - Habitat For Humanity
« previous next »
: [1]
: Would You Like To Own Your Own Home - Habitat For Humanity  ( 4658 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 26, 2014, 07:44:32 AM »

Would you like to own your own home?
Can Franklin/Grand Isle Habitat For Humanity Help You?

Basic Requirements for a family to qualify for a Habitat Home:
1.   Family needs to be in a financial position where it does not qualify for buying a home through any bank or housing agency.

2.   Family must have a stable income to afford a Habitat Home.  This includes employment, Social Security, child support that will continue for at least three years, etc.

3.   Family’s debt cannot be beyond what it can manage and still afford a Habitat Home.

4.   Family must be current on normal payments such as rent, utilities, car payment, etc. for a least a year.

5.   Family’s current housing needs are inadequate:  a) substandard housing; b) not enough room for size of family; and/or c) rent is significantly high for family’s income.

6.   Family will become a Habitat Partner by helping to build its home with our Habitat Volunteers through 500 hours of sweat-equity.  They will be required to attend classes, meetings and other Habitat programs.

Habitat for Humanity does not give free homes.
Habitat homeowners pay a mortgage with 0% interest.

Our next two homes will be built in Alburgh. If you’re interested in becoming
a partner family, you must attend one of the following meetings:

Sunday, April 27th at 4 pm at St. Amadeus Parish Center in Alburgh
 Monday, April 28th at 7 pm at the First Congregational Church in St. Albans

For More Information:
 Email: fgihabitat@gmail.com  OR  Call 868-2551

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : March 26, 2014, 05:06:55 PM »

If you know anyone who might meet the Habitat criteria, please pass this information on  to them! Thank you.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #2 : March 27, 2014, 04:11:51 AM »

im stay`n out of this one
Rev. Elizabeth

« #3 : March 27, 2014, 06:00:27 AM »

Habitat is very careful about who is selected for each home, and as you see, the criteria are fairly stringent. And, families are required to put in sweat equity as the house is being constructed it is not a giveaway program. Further, after the homeowner moves in, there is a homeowner support team that helps the family manage things.
Habitat is a very successful program across the country, as well as in some overseas countries.
You are right, "Rod" not to get into 'it.'!
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #4 : March 27, 2014, 04:20:45 PM »

HEY you have more posts than me ....
Rev. Elizabeth

« #5 : March 27, 2014, 05:40:39 PM »

Yeah, well, maybe I know more words than you!!!!!( but, I  am not at all as funny as you are!)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: