Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:08:45 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The White House & Habitat for Humanity
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: The White House & Habitat for Humanity  ( 15819 )
Razzle Dazzle

« #15 : March 09, 2014, 09:34:07 AM »

When the property was lived in, it was still owned by the school.  That meant you could not do anything you want to the place.  Someone buys it and gets tired of having kids walking all over their yard.  So they put up a chainlink or stockade fence to keep the kids out, and keep their pitbull's in.  Won't that look nice.

That sounds just like a conversation my wife and I had yesterday.
woodstoves2
: 46

« #16 : March 09, 2014, 11:13:03 AM »

A daycare center...health clinic...senior center...storage...
7F24
: 253

« #17 : March 09, 2014, 11:16:08 AM »

I believe anything commercial would require bringing the building up to state code....way too expensive.
monte198
: 79

« #18 : March 09, 2014, 11:32:29 AM »

I guess I am a bit confused about the building.  Yes it is part of the school, it has been used for classes, town offices and a residence.  But my question is that the historical value of the building, wouldn't this fall into historical preservation in both the state and local level, thus it wouldn't be able to be demolished or moved.  Rather restored in place and become part of the state historical venue similar to other buildings in town that have been preserved and cannot be demolished.
Ann
: 10

« #19 : March 09, 2014, 12:53:47 PM »

From what I understand the White House and property was deeded to the school for the purpose of education only and must always remain with the school.  It can not be sold for outside use other than an educational use.  Can the actual building be moved without jeopardizing the restriction in the deed?  That would be for an attorney to answer.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #20 : March 10, 2014, 11:41:33 AM »

Thanks Ann. I thought that was the case.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #21 : March 11, 2014, 05:45:07 AM »

I passed along all the "Save It" posts here prior to last night's meeting.

I believe they had wanted to keep it due to the value of land to the school,
but I was not rejected when I passed along the "Save It" requests.

Don't know about the "education only" use.
If we sell it and use the money for education...............???

Habitat is ready this Saturday.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: