Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:29:16 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  JoAnne Captures A Rabbit & A Robin
« previous next »
: [1]
: JoAnne Captures A Rabbit & A Robin  ( 5410 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 07, 2014, 07:14:18 AM »

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : March 07, 2014, 05:59:43 PM »

Why are the robins back so early?  I have seen them in flocks 3 weeks ago!
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #2 : March 10, 2014, 01:57:29 PM »

Has anyone else noticed a lot more rabbits around this past year?

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Corm
: 65

« #3 : March 10, 2014, 03:51:04 PM »

Yes, we've never had rabbitts over here on my section of Wilkins Rd, and now there are tracks everywhere.
We've been here over 20 years.

Corm
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #4 : March 10, 2014, 04:26:25 PM »

Years ago before there were any houses across from The Town Garage and maybe even before the Town Garage was there, Maryann's Uncle Jim Rooney used to bring his hounds up across the road and I am pretty sure he used to train them to go out and find rabbits and have them circle around where he was and all he had to do was sit there and shoot them when they came by.  I am assuming that nobody was giving me a line of BS, but Uncle Jim was a hunter and I know I have seen him out there many times and could hear the hounds doing their thing for him.

He must have been a pretty good shot as I don't ever remember him shooting one of his hounds.

Henry Raymond
Trekr
: 140

« #5 : March 10, 2014, 04:44:26 PM »

When I was young, we used to eat lots of rabbit meat during the winter. My father would usually bring back 4-5 rabbits when every he went hunting. I can remember biting on a led shot and taking it out my mouth and putting on my plate. Think of how smart we would be if we hadn't eaten all that lead.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #6 : March 11, 2014, 08:15:09 AM »

Yes, we've never had rabbitts over here on my section of Wilkins Rd, and now there are tracks everywhere.
We've been here over 20 years.

Corm

Same here Corm, Lived here my whole life and have only ever seen 1 wild rabbit in my lifetime.  This year I see them all the time!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: