Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:50:36 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Bessette Family Could Certainly Use A Few Prayers From Us
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Bessette Family Could Certainly Use A Few Prayers From Us  ( 3019 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 06, 2014, 11:32:49 AM »

I got this note from Bob Bessette and having been through this with Maryann, I certainly will keep them in my prayers:

Dear Family and Friends,

…I just wanted to let you all know that my Mom had a major brain infarct(stroke) on Tuesday afternoon. She is still at Franklin County Rehab, with all of her fabulous caregivers, and is very comfortable. We are meeting this afternoon to discuss end-of-life care for her. She is virtually unresponsive, unable to eat or drink. She has had a very long, and mostly wonderful life. She was a widow at 40 and cared for Steve and I as a single Mom while continuing to care for my paternal grandmother in our home. She has been a woman of deep faith who was able to help nourish that faith in us. She has cheated death three times in the past six years; “missed the bus” as we joked. I think this time, the bus home is coming and she won’t be missing it this time. My brother remains at Fanny Allen in FAHC Inpatient Rehab recovering from his emergency spinal fusion on February 11th. Please keep us all in your prayers.

Bob

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : March 06, 2014, 12:01:55 PM »

Love and Prayers to the entire Bessette Family. 

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
lena6
: 357

« #2 : March 06, 2014, 03:35:17 PM »

Love and many, many prayers to you and your family.
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #3 : March 06, 2014, 06:12:29 PM »

That was a beautiful description of your mom and what she did and stood for.  I hope she journeys peacefully as she waits for 'the bus' to come and carry her away.
Blessings and prayers to all of you.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: