Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:26:30 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Fairfax Town Water & Sewer
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Fairfax Town Water & Sewer  ( 20012 )
nhibbard
: 393

« #15 : March 02, 2014, 07:50:13 AM »

Good to bring up the questions thought. Maps, that what we need, more maps. When you talk roads, woods or water, I want the maps. Who's who, what's what and where are those trees.
lena6
: 357

« #16 : March 02, 2014, 10:14:29 AM »

Nick, good luck Tuesday.
rogers9993
: 30

« #17 : March 03, 2014, 09:54:56 PM »

I believe the Town of Fairfax may have printed the names and account numbers of the water users and mailed it to all residents inadvertently in 2005. The document is called " Official Notice of Change of Appraisal Fairfax, VT". Your parcel id is also your acct number for your water if you are on town water. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also last time I knew there was about $7,000 owed by people who have not paid for water and sewer.  That is a huge amount!! I find it funny that some of the people in this town that are always talking trash about the water/sewer department, are either on the nonpayment hit list or have the same last name as someone on it.  Sometimes it is worth looking into things and making a phone call!!  Not just taking a pissed off user or user's family members word for it.

Josh,
I am not sure where you are getting your information finacial's of the water department?  In my two year tenure on the board I have not once seen you at a select board meeting, nor have I ever seen a public records request with your name, requesting information.  It troubles me that you know the names of water users who have not paid their water bill.  When the the topic of water delinquencies come up the select board uses account numbers and not user's names.

I think you'd find that $7,000 in receivables for the number of accounts is not that much. I also find it interesting that you would know the last names of those who owe money as there are only 9 people in the town that would know that. I'm also aware that one of those people doesn't feel comfortable talking about other persons accounts. That would create a further problem. Utility companies are held to a different standard regarding the privacy of user accounts.

[/quote]
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #18 : March 04, 2014, 01:10:50 PM »

I believe the Town of Fairfax may have printed the names and account numbers of the water users and mailed it to all residents inadvertently in 2005. The document is called " Official Notice of Change of Appraisal Fairfax, VT". Your parcel id is also your acct number for your water if you are on town water. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Josh,
I am not sure where you are getting your information finacial's of the water department?  In my two year tenure on the board I have not once seen you at a select board meeting, nor have I ever seen a public records request with your name, requesting information. It troubles me that you know the names of water users who have not paid their water bill.  When the the topic of water delinquencies come up the select board uses account numbers and not user's names.

Yes!!  Dave FYI, I have lived in this town a lot longer then the 2 years you have served on the selectboard.  What does attending meetings have to do with anything????  They are recorded and placed online for everyone to watch....  Also last time I checked when someone wanted to look up public records at the town office, they didn't need to get Dave Shea's approval to access them??? When did this change?

I used to spend a lot of time at the town office when I was Elected Constable, and I used to hear many things being discussed.  Much like the "day in court" section of the newspaper, the late or nonpayment of taxes or water lists are the same people all the time....... Certain people also like to make a scene out of having to pay it, this attracts attention and gets people talking.  Why does this bother you so much?  I didn't list specific PII or what they owed...

I have a job so I will have to read the rest of what you wrote when I have free time.
« : March 04, 2014, 01:18:42 PM Stand Alone Defense »

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
nhibbard
: 393

« #19 : March 04, 2014, 04:22:11 PM »

Part of the issue could be that private accounts are private and I've seen and heard comments that tend to treat the Water/Sewer separate business from the town. If it's private, individual accounts should not ever be shared. But if it truly is a part of the town, then why should they be any different than tax accounts for which many towns post delinquent. I'm leaning more toward it should be treated like a private utility.

I completely understand what you're saying about that old town office. You can't help but hear everything the way it was.
David Shea
: 471

« #20 : March 04, 2014, 05:14:57 PM »

Mr. Langelier,
It's nice to see that Chris Rogers came to your rescue on this topic.
Dave
Stand Alone Defense

« #21 : March 05, 2014, 09:10:47 AM »

Mr. Langelier,
It's nice to see that Chris Rogers came to your rescue on this topic.
Dave

My Rescue?........? From who? You? Not sure if that is intended as some type of threat Mr. Shea, but if it was you don't know me very well.  I do not even know who Chris Rodgers is and I sure as hell don't need him to "rescue" me from you.  I'm not gonna sit here and go back and forth with you and your bruised ego.  If you want to be nasty and threatening do it to my face, I'm not hard to find.  I'm done with this conversation!! Have a good day.

mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #22 : March 05, 2014, 09:34:12 AM »

That wasn't a threat Josh. I see he is referring to the post above in regards to a response.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Razzle Dazzle

« #23 : March 05, 2014, 12:21:48 PM »

Oh my!
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #24 : March 05, 2014, 03:03:35 PM »

guess I don't need to stir the pot any on this one
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #25 : March 05, 2014, 04:04:32 PM »

I think maybe the pot has been stirred enough Rod!!

Henry Raymond
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #26 : March 12, 2014, 11:26:23 AM »

Josh needs some Valium, or a beer or three.

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
Stand Alone Defense

« #27 : March 14, 2014, 02:50:51 PM »

Josh needs some Valium, or a beer or three.

You buying Mike?

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: