Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:38:54 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  GMP Recovery Near Complete
« previous next »
: [1]
: GMP Recovery Near Complete  ( 1539 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 24, 2013, 04:34:08 PM »

Henry,
Friend of mine who works for GMP asked me to post this on FPF, since your website is so popular, I was hoping you could post it also.  Have a great Christmas!

Bob Thompson

Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2013 12:08 PM
To: Thompson, Bob - NRCS, Colchester, VT
Subject: Fwd: Please post to Front Porch Forum as soon as you can

Bob - could you please post this on your Front Porch Forum in Westford as soon as possible?

Thanks

NOTICE - 11 a.m. - Dec. 24
GMP Recovery Near Complete
Ice Will Continue to Cause Problems

Green Mountain Power has restored power to over 35,000 customers in the wake of the severe ice storm, with just a handful of problems left as of 11 a.m. Dec. 24. We truly appreciate your patience and support over the last couple of days, as crews are working under very difficult conditions.  We expect to complete repairs of all existing problems today, but the ice remains very heavy on lines and trees, and new outages are almost certain to occur in the coming days as trees continue to falter under the ice.  We will respond accordingly to restore service!

Our crews and support staff remain ready to respond if more outages occur, even over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day if necessary, but we urge customers to take precautions to ensure your safety:
·       If you do lose heat, you may want to make arrangements to move to somewhere that is heated.  Please look out for elderly neighbors.
·       There is no way to determine if a downed line is dead, so please stay away and keep children, pets and livestock away as well.
·       If using a generator, please read the manufacturer’s instructions and follow the manual to prevent deadly fumes from infiltrating buildings or backup of electricity onto power lines where crews must work.

In some cases, damage to customer-owned equipment must be repaired before we can restore service.  Some components to the electrical connection belong to the customer, and must be repaired by a qualified electrician.   Please see the diagram and associated description of the portions that are the customer’s responsibility on the opposite side of this sheet.  You should contact a qualified electrician as soon as possible to arrange this repair work. 

Once this work has been completed or if you have any questions or concerns, please call 1-800-649-2877.  Thank you.

Joanne Heidkamp
jheidkamp@gmail.com
802-238-5414 (c)

--
Joanne Heidkamp
jheidkamp@gmail.com
802-238-5414 (c)

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: