Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:07:51 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Suburban Propane scam
« previous next »
: [1]
: Suburban Propane scam  ( 8059 )
tfence
: 257

« : December 18, 2013, 04:49:38 PM »

I am not letting them get away with this. I have contacted the AG and the Dept. of agriculture for help with this one. I want it to be public of what they are trying to do to me. I decided to discontinue service with them and go with a local company (at about $1.00 less per gallon). I called them up and told them to pick up their tank and credit me for the amount of fuel that was in it. They got back to me with a ridiculously low refund. I know this because I moved the tank with my own skid steer and knowing it capabilities in the manner of weights. My estimation is that they are trying to cheat me out of over $700.00. I did a simple internet search on the situation and revealed this is a common practice for them. So, Could you imagine the amount of people that have been scammed that did not have the ability to figure this out. I am an honest business man and I expect the business I deal with to be the same. I have made multiple attempts to get them to do the right thing. They refused. I suppose that would be an admission of guilt. It doesn't surprise me that they do not have a facebook page for me to post this. I am dealing with the St Albans office.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : December 18, 2013, 05:18:56 PM »

Thanks for this post.  I too am switching to a local provider.  And the local provider  told me that they would switch propane tanks ( only for cooking) in the spring because it was difficult now.  I have yet to call Sub Prop to let them know.  Your post will give me some background as to how to deal with them.
« : December 18, 2013, 07:50:22 PM Rev. Elizabeth »
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : December 18, 2013, 07:24:57 PM »

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=13958.0

more to come

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
tfence

« #3 : December 18, 2013, 07:52:05 PM »

I went with Onsite septic solutions (Paul Beauregard and Kevin Archambault) They had just started a propane service. A couple of real local guys with a fair price and good service. 802-644-5500 

rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #4 : December 19, 2013, 03:50:17 AM »

and who told you about on site?????????????hhhhmmmmmm
Trekr
: 140

« #5 : December 19, 2013, 06:26:15 AM »

Could you work out the schedule for the new install so you could use up the propane in the old tank? Better for you to use it than get taken to the cleaners.
tfence

« #6 : December 19, 2013, 03:17:51 PM »

@ trekr= hindsite. I didn't have any reason not to trust that they would credit me the correct amount at the time. The point is I had a large amount of propane in the tank that was to be credited at x amount and then to fill it with the new vendor at over $1.00 less per gallon. Made sense to me at the time.

Trekr
: 140

« #7 : December 19, 2013, 09:12:31 PM »

Kind of a disadvantage being honest isn't it?   Pretty sad. If you look at our government officials what do you see? When will it stop?
al brodeur
: 216

« #8 : December 19, 2013, 10:12:14 PM »

would your new provider pump out the tank for you? or is it too late?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: