Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:44:20 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Claire Scribner Dies & Leaves Daughter In Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Claire Scribner Dies & Leaves Daughter In Fairfax  ( 2383 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 14, 2013, 01:43:02 PM »

BRISTOL — Claire (Dumas) Scribner passed away on Dec. 12, 2013, after a brief illness, in Fletcher Allen Health Care.

Claire was born on Feb. 12, 1947, to Max and Mary (Lana) Dumas of Bristol, Vt. She attended Bristol High School and was a lifelong member of the St. Ambrose Catholic Community. She taught religious education classes and served on parish committees for decades. Claire worked as a Lister and assistant to the Town Clerk for several years.

Claire was more than a wonderful wife and mother. She married Craig Scribner Sr. on April 8, 1967, at St. Ambrose and raised three beautiful children. She enjoyed reading, riding on back roads and loving unconditionally. Her greatest joy however, was her two year old granddaughter in Montana, whom she visited twice a year and was able to spend ten precious days with just prior to her illness in October.

She is survived by her husband, Craig; daughter, Erica and her husband, Colin, from Fairfax; son, Patrick and his wife, Julie, and their daughter, Payson from Columbia Falls, Mont.; and special family friend, Melita and her husband, Jamie, from Lincoln. She is also survived by her father, Max Dumas; sisters, Marilyn and her husband, Walt, from Crown Point, N.Y., and Cathy and her husband, Mike and their daughter, Dana and husband, Nick, from Bristol; and brother, Michael and his partner, David, from Woburn, Mass.

Claire was predeceased by her son, Craig Jr., in 1999; and her mother, Mary Dumas, in 2002.

Visiting hours will be held on Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at the Brown-McClay Funeral Home in Bristol from 2 to 6 p.m. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Monday, Dec. 16, 2013, at 11 a.m. at St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Bristol.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the “Mt. Abraham Craig Scribner Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund“ and mailed to ANESU, 72 Munsill Ave., Ste 601, Bristol, VT 05443.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: